Heat protection for hair! Need help

happymummax

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend me a really good heat protection product to use with my straighteners?

I've tried treseme and it FRIES my hair beyond belief, and the John Freda ones I've tried make my hair feel and look plasticky :/

I use Redken shampoo and conditioner so don't mind paying professional prices for my products if they actually work :)

Oh and I only straighten my hair about 2 or 3 times a month

Sorry for the long post on something so trivial :flower: xx

How often do you use hair straightners etc...?

I used everyone I could find and they either made my hair burn more, made it sticky, straw like, or greasy. Someone recommended me Avon's Advance Techniques one and I haven't used anything since.
It depends on your hair type to what will work best though I think :) x

I just use vo5 heat protection cream and the heat protection spray. Doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy and I straighten my hair every day x

I use Loreal mythic oil, you literally put two squirts rub it on your hands and then put it on your hair, it can also be used as a finishing product and honestly its amazing. I get mine from my hairdressers so don't know if its only available at hairdressers or if you can get it in shops

I use Loreal mythic oil, you literally put two squirts rub it on your hands and then put it on your hair, it can also be used as a finishing product and honestly its amazing. I get mine from my hairdressers so don't know if its only available at hairdressers or if you can get it in shops

Ohhh I use that before I blow dry my hair didn't know it can be used with straightners aswell I'll try it thank you :flower: xx

L'Oreal Techni art Hot Style spray or creme is made for straightners and works with them. I loved it. I havent tried the mythic oil yet.

I've been using morrocan oil but i would suggest never to buy it from a hairdressers and you can get 4/5 times the amount for cheaper in holland in barret

I use Dove hair protector and it works a treat for me :) My hair smells nice when I use it and it doesn't burn, stiffen or frizz up my hair.

Guess it does depend on what hair type you have.

L'Oreal Studio Silk and Gloss Hot Straight cream. I've tried pretty much everything else, but this stuff is brilliant. Doesn't make your hair sticky or greasy and it's great for keeping it sleek in humidity too.

L'Oreal Techni art Hot Style spray or creme is made for straightners and works with them. I loved it. I havent tried the mythic oil yet.

I've been using morrocan oil but i would suggest never to buy it from a hairdressers and you can get 4/5 times the amount for cheaper in holland in barret

My hairdressers charge £35 for morrocan oil, thats why i use mythic oil. I don't know how true it is but ive heard morrocan oil makes blonde hair go orangy so thats the other reason i use mythic oil

I love the Aussie Miracle Moist products.
I try not to straighten my hair too much though as it gets so heat damaged with them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->