Heel height

Lauren25

Reaction score
Bit of a random question but I have found shoes for my bridesmaid reduced from £79 to £25 and I am just in love, the thing is my MOH said they are too high for her and she wouldn't be able to wear them :cry: I was just wondering does anyone know if you can have a heel shortened? These are the shoes below!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/16F0E10B-3116-47E4-A93D-6EF4DF92BD54-589-000000C9C93EB17F.jpg

Those are lovely hun. I haven't heard of heel shortening but I found this for you on google which I think says you can do it but not by much and think its quite hard to do too -

https://www.prlog.org/10410791-how-to-shorten-high-heels.html

xx

whens the big day? she can practise walking in them! Id just get them, its your decision.

The platform at the front takes the overall height down by a fair bit!

I would buy them and let her practice in them! One day in heels won't kill her x

Has she tried them on? Being platforms makes the heel not as high if that makes sense.

Otherwise just let her get some shoes she's comfortable in that are the same colour. My bridesmaids didn't wear matching shoes, they both picked shoes they were happy with but in same colour. I disagree with the whole "it's the bride's day they should wear what they're told" attitude, I took my bridesmaids shopping for dresses and made sure they were happy with their dresses, obviously I had input too and I loved the dresses we went for - but I wouldn't have liked them feeling uncomfortable all day and not having fun. Weddings are about marrying the person you love, and then celebrating with all the people you love and everyone being happy and having a good time. Not shoes.

Sorry I've rambled and not suggesting you don't think all the above too. Just know how easy it is to get lost in the detail. Anyway each to their own whatever :)

I would agree with the platform thing, I think she'd need to try them. Is there a store with them nearby?

Theres no way in hell id be able to just get on with it & wear them so I feel for her tbh

it's easy for people who wear high heels all the time to think it isnt a big deal but it's not as easy as that for everyone :( id be in agony & the whole day would be ruined if somebody insisted I HAD to wear something like that

I doubt she is doing it deliberately to be awkward as they are lovely shoes :thumbup: but why not just tell her to pick her own as long as they are the same colour & get these ones for your other bridesmaids? :flower: xx

Thanks for your replies everyone!
I'm not sure if it's a case of she wouldn't be able to walk in them or if it would be because she is very tall so I don't know if she'd feel uncomfortable!
The thing is she got married not that long ago And put me in massive heels (I never wear them) I wore them for the ceremony And then took them off so I don't know why she couldn't just do that!
I think the only thing to do it for them all to have different shoes because I think one in different shoes would look odd! This is going to cost us a lot more money though as most other shoes your looking at about £40 for!

If you did it for her hun I'd expect her to do it for you! Works both ways, and it's your wedding not hers. :hugs:

Oh well if she did the same thing to you & you went along with what she wanted even tho she knew you didn't want to then I think it's a different matter hun xx

You can alter shoes but i wouldn't try it tbh. My mum has to wear bespoke shoes as one leg is 1 1/2inches shorter than the other. Everynow and then she gets fed up of having to shell out £1000 for a pair of shoes so she buys shoes that have heels that can be cut down. I've helped her to do it and it's so hard to get it right.

There is no way I could wear them all day but I would suck it up and do for the important part then at the reception I would put some ballet pumps on or something like that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->