'He'll be too hot in those nappies'

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
:dohh:
of course MIL and a few others have said but surely in this heat those big nappies will make him far too hot and sweaty ......
he's in a tb stretchy and airflow wrap (and nowt else!) for bed now, our house is boiling ..... but during the day he's just been in his usuals, sometimes with clothes sometimes without!
Reassure me please that he won't be as hot and sweaty in most cloth nappies as in plasticy disposables?
I've avoided things like massive WNNN's and airtight wraps, most others will be comfy though right?
what do you use in hot weather?

I don't think there is much of a difference, I have never had her get too hot in either cloth or a sposie!
Last year in France when it was about 30 everyday she wore sposies and she did get hot but nothing to be worried about.
I dont think the thinner ones would be an issue, but like you say a big fat Wn could if it were really hot but personally if its that warm she wouldnt have anything over it anyway

I think reusables are fine in hotter weather, disposies seem like they have no breathing space in them, and the rough edges look like they'd just chaffe until sore!!!

Fleece is designed to wick away moisture, including sweat, which is why top walking brands use expensive fleece technology!!

I took Tom's trousers off yesterday because it was soooo hot and he still looked dressed with his cute nappy on, then I changed it to a disposie as I was out and it just wasn't the same!!!!

The summer is the time to embrace and show off all those cute fluffs we've been buying over the winter time!!!

xx

I think reusables are fine in hotter weather, disposies seem like they have no breathing space in them, and the rough edges look like they'd just chaffe until sore!!!

Fleece is designed to wick away moisture, including sweat, which is why top walking brands use expensive fleece technology!!

I took Tom's trousers off yesterday because it was soooo hot and he still looked dressed with his cute nappy on, then I changed it to a disposie as I was out and it just wasn't the same!!!!

The summer is the time to embrace and show off all those cute fluffs we've been buying over the winter time!!!

xx

I agree cos a sposie looks like a nappy, dont think they look nice just with that on, but a cloth looks nicer (although personal preference I don't think same of the ones with plasticity outers look very nice!)

I know which I'd rather wear. Sweaty plastic or nice fluffy cloth... hmm not really a difficult choice!

Edit: If anybody else says anything, perhaps suggest that they wrap a bin bag round their bum for a few hours, then try a towel instead and see which they prefer!

the past few days, with it being sooo hot here (30degrees!!!!!) leyla has been wearing a nappy and nothing else, the other day we went out house viewing and she had on her nappy and a short sleeved teeshirt, earlier that morning before we realised how hot it was she had on a pair of fleece trousers aswell but once we got out i realised and took them off lol

she wasnt too hot at all, i agree with what rachel said about bin bags and towels, also that most nappies have fleece lining now which is perfect for hot days as it keeps their bums dry :D

ignore people who dont actually have a clue babes, just remember that you know better and smile sweetly then get on with your day :hugs:

x

Also........ I found the other day that when I was carrying tom outside with his reusable on (hip hip baby real easy), compared to the sposie later in the day, it didn't move around as much, so was secure. And my arm didn't sweat!!! Lol!!! xx

I've been told that cloth with a breathable cover is cooler than sposies, because of the evaporation. And cloth with either no cover or a wool cover is coolest of all, because it evaporates fastest!

:wacko: I would ask her what she did in the hot summers with your OH? (assuming she used terries)

T spent the whole way back from birmingham in just his nappy with a muslin over his car seat to shade him. I used sposies on my last one so I can say that cloth helps keep them cooler. I have been using fitteds without covers on during the middle of the day when hes not completely naked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->