Hello! Another Newbie Here!!

mominluvwithk

Reaction score
VERY happy to have found this board! You all seem like a group of womnderful women, and I could definately use support, so..HERE IAM! lol

my name is shelly, i'm almost 34, my hubby is almost 48 (i know, but luckilly men can have babies whenever and are not on any clocks lol)..they do have that on their sides, plus not having to go thru stretchmarks, labor, and periods:) ALWAYS a male plus!

Anyhow, we have a clomid/iui baby w/ unexplained IF, suspected endo, but i never did have any pain before my dd, so idk, since iui was successful b4, they have not pushed for a lap, which i'm afraid of it anyhow, lol, but scared about time, as w/ the pain, and my mom had a hysterectomy by 35, her mom died of ovarian cancer before 40, and all my aunts had infertility woes, fibroids, cysts, endo, and/or ovarian issues..meaning cancer. not a pretty picture hey? so at my age i'm feeling the strain..like i better have one more.

several years ago i lost my son, at 10 yrs old...i just got done writing a post about the whole mess, and am a bit teary eyes at the moment, so would prefer not to go there again, at this instant, but a very spcial part of my life for that decade, forever in my heart and GREATLY missed.

got married to my dh in 2003, and ttc right away, though NEVER preventing and sort of trying, even 2 yrs prior right before, and after our engagement.

ANYHOW, nothing was happening, for reasons unknown by our RE, so finally in late 2004, we went for the clomid/iui combo, and BOOM, our beautifull DD was born, and now is a healthy 3.5 yr old toddler, we could not love more.

the desire to give her a sibling, is HUGE, and i love children, but feel run down from life after a really hard and painful one, so i don't have the energy to have 20 or more, like i had always imagined, even adopting a bunch, cause i just always loved them, so me and dh agreed on one more. he's starting to feel his age, and so 1 more, is our goal.

we have NOT portected, i've charted, and opk tested, since my DD'S birth basically and we tried 5 rounds of clomid, on its own, i grew beautiful multiple eggs, but no dice..all a bust!

now FINALLY we are ready to jump back into IUI, after having a tough financial time, we took a small break, and we do have great insurance which helps alot, and are ready to move forward. i have my appt in 3+ wks from now, and my period should be here very close to after that appt, so i'm expecting to hop on the clomid train and do IUI that month.

alil scared of multiples, i lost a twin early in my last pregnancy. we really want just 1 more, though i sort of wish that sac had developed, and she would have her friend for life, and maybe (MAYBE) we would have been done, but that was not to be, so i'm hoping for a singleton this time round, i just seem to really respond well to clomid, so EEK, lol, but i'm very excited we are moving up to the next step.

i look forward to getting to know you all, sorry so long, just wanted to explain myslef and situation, and i hope everyone here gets the baby of their dreams:)

thanks for reading, shelly

:happydance:

hey sorry for your loss but we are all in this together so i wish you and your dh the very best of luck welcome to the site xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->