Hello Everyone...I'm new and I'm frustrated!

superdooz

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm Stephanie and I'm a newlywed. My husband and I are TTC, but today's doctor visit left me more confused than before! I have a history of uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts and therefore experience heavy periods and occasional pain. Last week, I had some light bleeding, NOT at all consistent with my normal periods, not to mention it was about a week early (never happens). Did some research about implantation bleeding... Maybe, maybe not. The bleeding started about 11 dpo (just like all the reports say), and was very light, so light I didn't have to really wear anything, and was darker in color than normal. Took a hpt on the 13th...negative. Called my doctor on 14th after waking with cramps, was told it wasn't anything to worry about if it wasn't excessive bleeding or pain. Took another hpt 15th...negative. Called doctor to get in for blood test. Here's where the real saga begins: I went in at 10am for what I thought was just a blood test, but when I got there, they told me I needed to collect a urine sample...GREAT! I had just gone before I left the house! I managed to squeeze out a little and was ushered up to the nurse's office. She called my name 15 minutes later, and before I could sit down, she told me I was pregnant! I sat down and started to cry; she gave me a strange look and I told her they were happy tears. She then logged onto her computer and realized that she had told the wrong person...another woman was there for the same thing and she had looked really quickly before going into the room and thought it was my result. :cry: So, she said, "I'm sorry, hun, you're actually not pregnant..." Do I need to say just how devastated I was at that moment?! Not to mention frustrated!! So I explained to her my situation and suspicions/reasoning and she finally told me she'd order a quantitative blood test. Went back down to lab for that, and an hour later she called me to tell me the test showed normal/negative. Not pregnant. I'm so frustrated and confused about it all, and want to know just how many false negatives you all have gotten??? HELP!! That's all for now...I plan to keep trying and retesting periodically. I'll keep everyone updated! Thanks for "listening"!:hissy:

Ohhh, poor you!! That's too bad that they said you were pregnant and then that you weren't... I can't even imagine how you felt!

Unfortunately I can't really help as I'm completely new to ttc. But the spotting you had really sounds like implantation. Try and relax (I know it's very difficult) and hopefully you will get a :bfp: in a few days.

Anyway, welcome and I hope other people can be more useful than me!

Think positive!

:hug:

:hugs:

Welcome to BnB! :hi:

The TTC section is great for advice and you'll find girls going through what you're going through!

:hugs: I'm sorry you had to go through that, its hard enough emotionally at times! But welcome to b&b, like the last person said you will find alot of support on here and guidance. Good luck to you and keep us posted on your journey.

:hi: n welcome to bnb hun, sry for the shit uv been thro, wishing u a loada :dust: for the future,u will get there,just takes time sometimes :hugs:

Update: still not sure if I'm pregnant or not. I'm waiting until later this week to test again. (I STILL don't trust the doctors!)

Hi there,
I am new to Baby and Bump as well...I can only imagine how you must of felt to hear you had a BFP and then it turned out to be false...I AM SO SORRY :_( I have been TTC for a year and half and I know that I would of been totally crushed.
Only you know your body, if you feel something out of the norm then go seek a second opinion...I see you a BIG HUGG and hope you have great news soon :)

Sounds all too familiar. I am frustrated with my doctor and their "protocall." I am very regular and this month the same spotting issue has happoned to me. I have had 2 BFN HPT and then called the doctor to see if we could do a blood test and that turned out to be BFN also. The nurse told me on the phone that my hormones maybe going through some changes and to call back when I have a positive HPT. Now I am having lower pack cramps and feeling really bloated. They refuse to see me until I have a positive HPT.

Doctors can be so frustrating. I hope that yours was implant bleeding and that the test was just done too early.

keep us informed

Took another hpt...negative. Starting to think maybe this month was just wacky. Bummer. :(

welcome to baby and bump hun, and I am so sorry to hear of your problems your having Just to let you know with my current pg I had 3 bfn's before my bfp and Im 37wks now. It will happen and Im thinking of ya :O)

Thanks to all for all the kind words...I remain hopeful, although I don't FEEL preggers, but it's probably because I just don't KNOW if I am or not. Should know by next week, since my period would be due by next Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->