Hello LP experts, this is LP dunce calling...

TessieTwo

Reaction score
I am possibly being very, very stupid but I just need to ask a quick question re the whole period / BFP thing.

At what point during the LP does the body think "right, there's nothing there, I'm going to have a period...."?

Just being nosey about my body really, I'm not, I repeat NOT symptom spotting, but I just wondered about it as I do get sore boobs and stuff after I ovulate so I am assuming these are from hormone levels rising and I wondered at what point do these hormonal aches and pains turn into fully fledged PMS symptoms?

Hope I have actually made some sort of sense :wacko:

HI
After ovulation Progesterone becomes dominant, your temp rises and some people get a whole load of symptoms pregnant or not, I myself get cramps and tingles in my boobs, spots, tiredness and I get so sad!! PMS and pregnancy symptoms can be similar !! Ahh no!! Symptom spotters will look for increased urination, tiredness, Cervix moving up, lots of CM, implantation dips in temperature, triphasic temps where you get a second raise in temp after ovulation. Loads and loads, your temp dropping is usually a sign of an impending period one two or on the day of your period but sometimes that doesn't happen!! Its a nightmare!!

Thanks for that 40yearoldmum - I guess I'm just interested at what point the hormones change from post ovulation to pre menstrual. I don't chart (far too complex for my teeny tiny brain) so I'm just wondering at what point the body knows that it doesn't have a implanted egg, just aimless thoughts really, no symptom spotting here....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometrium

This should answer your question! It's to do with lack of hormones present causing uterine lining to shed hence AF arrives! Interesting reading!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometrium

This should answer your question! It's to do with lack of hormones present causing uterine lining to shed hence AF arrives! Interesting reading!

Thanks Nolly - I love a good Wiki page! I remember once my DH being subjected to a conversation between myself and my step mum about having periods with lots of "shedding"....he's never been quite the same since :haha:

Ah you can't beat good old wiki!!!!

Your poor DH! my sister and I are always doing things like that to my hubby and hers! We like to gang up on them and say "you married one you married both"! My poor DH gets it in both ears!

Ah you can't beat good old wiki!!!!

Your poor DH! my sister and I are always doing things like that to my hubby and hers! We like to gang up on them and say "you married one you married both"! My poor DH gets it in both ears!

Do they get stereo nagging as well? I suppose it's less likely to go in one ear and out the other if there is someone else waiting on the other side to "reinforce" the message!

My DH just tends to switch off if we start talking "womens things" in his vicinity and if escape is not an option then he tries to find some tools to look at to make him feel more manly, for him they are a sort of blokey comfort blanket!

Hahaha that's exactly what DH says nagging in stereo!

Your OH sounds so funny! God forbid that any female stuff would rub off on him!!!! Lol! My man plugs his ears while shouting " I don't want to know lalalalalala" it is hilarious! We do it all the time to wind him up.

:sick:
Hahaha that's exactly what DH says nagging in stereo!

Your OH sounds so funny! God forbid that any female stuff would rub off on him!!!! Lol! My man plugs his ears while shouting " I don't want to know lalalalalala" it is hilarious! We do it all the time to wind him up.

Or they just make a face of disgust when they catch a word they aren't meant to....like "clots" or "heavy flow" :sick:

I think my hubby would faint if I said clot to him lol

I think progesterone peaks at mid-LP (so about 7 dpo for a 14 day LP). After that the corpus luteum (which popped out the egg) starts to fade away. I believe at any time before its gone completely if implantation occurs it can keep it alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->