hello! New here

MrsItchy

Reaction score
Hi there!

Thought I would join here both for support and also to share my experiences with you to see if I can help.

Little bit of background on me. This is baby number 3 though pregnancy number 4. I have a 6 year old, 3 year old and 34 weeks with girl number two! I have an angel daughter who passed at 20 weeks gestation last year, no known causes. Every pregnancy I have had I have been high risk.

With my first I had olighodramnios and was induced at 38 weeks due to this. Second pregnancy I had cholestasis, calcified placenta and my baby was diagnosed with a puj in his kidney. I also had HG and was miserable for the first 20 weeks!

I am not really sure what happened with my daughter but I do feel cholestasis played a part.

This pregnancy was stressful anyway, worrying after what happened previously and then the fun (or not!) started. My daughter has been diagnosed with ectopic heartbeats, had a scan to have a look at her heart and touchwood nothing structurally wrong but will only see once she is out. I had back surgery in my first trimester and my back is not coping so well now.

I was diagnosed with Cholestasis again last Friday and my levels are steadily rising despite being on the urso treatment. My bile acids were 18.7 Friday, 61.2 on Sunday and 75.8 as of yesterday. I was on 100mg a day of URSO but this has been upped to 1500mg. I am having tri weekly NST's, once a week blood tests and scans on baby. I have had steroid injections already for baby's lungs just in case they cant control my levels. I will be needing a c section due to my back and they are looking at 38 weeks.

I am a strong believer that there is not enough known about cholestasis as I have been at the receiving end of consultants and midwives fobbing me off. I have been told its so rare I won't have it and that pregnancy itching is normal, I had been refused blood tests in the past and even treatment with my son despite a diagnosis.

Well, sorry about my little essay, I am looking forward to hearing from others and I hope I can help in the future!

Hi don't have any of your conditions but just wanted to say hi and sorry you've had such a rough time! There's lots of lovely ladies in here for support :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->