Hello!!! Newbie here!

bunnyg82

Mum to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself! I have just found this forum. I have been on other baby forums but I have never really found anywhere for our category WTT. I was chuffed to bits when I found a whole section for WTT - fab!

So, we are planning to start TTC in September and I am so excited! The reason for the wait are that I need to lose weight first (Very overweight at the moment) and also because we wanted to try and get our money together a little bit first (I know financially you can never be ready, but we were in a real bad place and it's just starting to get sorted now).

So exciting stuff ahead and I am really looking forward to getting to know you all and get chatting in the next few exciting months :)

:wave: hello :D

September isn't too far away, I'm so jealous! I'm waiting until OH is ready which is going to be at least 2011, I think, aiming for an olympic baby! Are you married etc? Tell us a bit about yourself! I am very nosey lol sorry :D

I'm 19, 20 in 9 days!! I'm not working at the moment thanks to the recession but OH works in an opticians, both living back with my parents until I get a job/win the lottery :)

Check out the WTT List that's floating round somewhere that's got some info all in about us and the WTT journals are good to read :D

xxx

Hey Lozzy and Jillypop, thanks for the welcome :)

Jilly, yes, I am married, been married since I was 19 - am 26 now. We kinda agreed for ages that we'd wait until we were 30 to start TTC, but about a year ago my hormones seemed to have taken over and now all I want is to be a mummy!! Hubby wasn't as keen on the idea then, but in the last few months he has really gotten keen. It's great that we are both thinking the same way now!
You're right, September isn't far away - which actually is quite scary as I still have a load of weight to lose! I joined slimming world last wednesday and have just joined a gym. I originally wanted to get to my target before trying - but I know that's a long way off and I can't wait that long! So my goal now is to get as much off by september - to try and get into the overweight category rather than the "morbidly obese" or whatever (very fat category!! lol!) and get my fitness together. My blood pressure is high at the mo, due to my weight so I reckon 6 strict months of diet and exercise should improve all of this.

I will definitely go looking around the diaries and stuff - I already love it here!

Good luck with the job hunt - I hope you find something soon. I know it can be a strain living as a couple with parents as I have been there myself, so hope you manage to sort something so you can get your own place soon xx

Aw that's sweet, my mum and dad got married when my mum was 19 and they celebrate their 30th anniversary in a few weeks :D
Wish I was married :( My OH thinks an LCD tv is more important to buy than an engagement ring. Probably a bad thing that I agree with him though!!

On the healthy side, not that I can talk because I practically live on pringles, but something I find that works is meal planning. Plan your meals the day before you do your shopping and write down a list according to the plans plus a few snacks etc :) I have been doing that the past few weeks and it does help.

You and OH must have been childhood sweethearts, me and OH are a bit like that although we were never sweet lol!

xxx

Welcome to Baby & Bump & also to WTT! Lovely to meet you :) Good luck with the dieting & stuff, hope your time doesn't go too slowly! Katie x

Thanks everyone!

Jilly - awww - it must be difficult,but I know what you mean with the LCD tv - it's something I would end up agreeing to!!

When we got engaged, I was 18 and we were both fairly poor, so I ended up with a £30 ring - it was the symbol that was important at the time and we decided we'd rather get that and have a diamond later if it meant we could get engaged!

I definitely agree with the meal planning - for instance I hadn't planned anything for the weekend and I have been really bad - so I am gonna make a plan for the whole week and make sure I do that every weekend - it's so important!

Hubby and I actually met when we were 18, got married after about a month together and 8 years later, here we are, ready for kids - not many people believed in us back then, but we showed them. Good luck with sorting your OH out! I am sure your time will come soon enough xx

Hey hunni

Sept is soooooooo close, ideally i would love to be trying then for a summer baby but i have to wait a little longer. You going to start a wtt journal hun?
xx

thanks pinkgirl - I realised in the last few days just how close it is and how much of a move on i need to get in the fitness department! It has seemed like ages as originally we were going to try last september but we hadn't put plans into place for our finances and our weight. So now, I am not gonna let that happen again! I can't wait any longer!

Yeh, I think I might start one actually - will keep me occupied until then and focussed on what I want to achieve - will be good!

Is it next July you are planning to start? xx

I got myself a ticker! Woo! Will start a diary tomorrow! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"