Helloo :)

RoyalPython

Reaction score
Hiya Im new here! Got a few Q's for you girls...

1. WTT 2011(late)/12..just wondering when I should come off my mycrogynon? Iv been on it..2 years now and heard it can take up to a year for my cycle to regulate??

2. Another mycrogynon Q. I took 2 pills just under12 H late, and then completely forgot one, all in a row, and dont know which of the 2 options to follow? Because technically I only completely missed 1 pill but messed up my pill cycle?

Thankyou so much :blush:

oh and we did the baby dance the day after i forgot the pill..

just wanted to say hey :)

I have come off BCP straight after deciding to TTC as I heard the same thing, I seem to be pretty much back to normal straight away but no harm coming off it just incase!!

no idea about the second part sorry I used to get so confused too but good luck!

I'm not sure if that pill is the same as the mini pill. If it is, you'll probably return to normal right away. That's one of the benefits of the mini.
For your second question, the pill is most effective when every pill is taken and the same time every day. So I suppose if you missed pills or took them late, you could become pregnant.

Don't really know anything about microgynon but just wanted to say hey! :)

I came off Cerazette in Feb and fell pregnant straight away. Sadly miscarried last week but I hear you can be incredibly fertile immediately after coming off the pill.

Be careful! Or not, if you're TTC!!!

Hi there and welcome to B&B! Well, i have heard it can take a while to return to normal cycles after coming off microgynon but there are bound to be people who go straight back to normal. There is no way to tell which you will be so i would suggest taking the advice that you should stop hormonal bc 3 months before ttc.

As for the missed pills i'm not sure how exactly that particular scenario would work, i suppose all you can do is wait and see if AF shows xxxxx

Thankyou all for warm welcome and advice! I think ill finish off my prescription (3 months worth) and then come off :)

Jen_0709 Im really sorry to hear :( lots of baby dust for the next try. xx

:hi:
Hi! I'm on microgynon and will be TTC from the begining of August. I was advised by the nurse not to come off until the time I was actually ready to get pregnant as so many people fall pregnant very quickly after coming off the pill... this is backed up by research that shows that fertility can be very high for the first few months after stopping the pill... however, as is usually the case with things like this, there is of course other research that finds this not to be the case, and I know a lot of people are keen to regulate their cycles before TTC... But for me, I'm going to come off just a couple of weeks beforehand so that if I do have high fertility I can make the most of it!!!! It's all down to personal feelings as to which school of thought you want to follow! Good luck :happydance:

Lol to above as when I was on that pill I was told to come off a year before TTC and to go on the mini pill so it must depend who you ask! She also said when on the mini pill you can come off and TTC straight away. I would go to your GP and ask advice?

Hi! I'm on microgynon and will be TTC from the begining of August. I was advised by the nurse not to come off until the time I was actually ready to get pregnant as so many people fall pregnant very quickly after coming off the pill... this is backed up by research that shows that fertility can be very high for the first few months after stopping the pill... however, as is usually the case with things like this, there is of course other research that finds this not to be the case, and I know a lot of people are keen to regulate their cycles before TTC... But for me, I'm going to come off just a couple of weeks beforehand so that if I do have high fertility I can make the most of it!!!! It's all down to personal feelings as to which school of thought you want to follow! Good luck :happydance:

Do you just try for it without checking ovulation? bcos it would be confusing to without having a regular cycle - iv heard the above before too but then i though wait... how would i be able to chart? I guess its just down to luck?

Lol to above as when I was on that pill I was told to come off a year before TTC and to go on the mini pill so it must depend who you ask! She also said when on the mini pill you can come off and TTC straight away. I would go to your GP and ask advice?

My mom advised the same thing :haha: as Im getting really fed up of Microgynon..Very painful AF since on it, and I dont want to have to wait forever for regular cycles, but I dont want to resort to just using condoms because of spur of the moment etc and am not yet ready. What is the Mini pill? :blush:

Do you just try for it without checking ovulation? bcos it would be confusing to without having a regular cycle - iv heard the above before too but then i though wait... how would i be able to chart? I guess its just down to luck?

Yeah, you'd not be able to chart or anything... Just have to :sex: lots I guess!!!! I think on here we all get so obsessed with it all & can be inclined to think that's the only way to get pregnant, lol, but in real life I'd say very few people actully chart and stuff unless they don't have any success... :shrug: I'll probably just :sex: for a few months but keep track of dates so that if I've had no luck a few months down the line I can be a bit more 'serious' and 'planned' about it :winkwink:

Yeah, you'd not be able to chart or anything... Just have to :sex: lots I guess!!!! I think on here we all get so obsessed with it all & can be inclined to think that's the only way to get pregnant, lol, but in real life I'd say very few people actully chart and stuff unless they don't have any success... :shrug: I'll probably just :sex: for a few months but keep track of dates so that if I've had no luck a few months down the line I can be a bit more 'serious' and 'planned' about it :winkwink:
Haha very true. I bet the OH's would be happy about all this :sex: Im going to go to the Docs soon and see about trying the minipill - my friend explained it to me as she was on it, if not also considering the implant? :thumbup:

Yes go ask a about the mini pill, I'm not sure about the implant I personally wouldn't recommend it before ttc as it really mucked my cycles up when I was on it and took ages to get back to normal. Again the doctor is the best person to ask. Downside with mini pill is you HAVE to take within 2 hours or it's not effective. Can be quite hard to do! (I'm on one now as I'm bf and it's the only one you can take).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->