Hellp

lisacaton1980

Mummy to Alfie
Reaction score
i'm 18wks pregnant with number 2 and I've just found out that I had HELLP with number 1. Atleast now I know why I needed an emergency section and why the day LO was born was so manic.

Has anyone had this before? Did it return with your other pregnancies? Done the worst thing and googled it.

Thanks

How did you not know until now? I guess if you developed it right at the end of your pregnancy maybe they didn't mention it?

I didn't develop HELLP but I did have severe preeclampsia and had my dd at 30 weeks. She's totally fine now. Now I'm pregnant with #2 and so far, so good. There's a thread that's been going on for a long time now about recurring pre-e/eclampsia/hellp if you are bored and want to catch up on it. Many ladies seemed to have pregnancies go normal after having issues with a previous, so it's entirely possible!
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/g.../1557727-pre-eclampsia-did-you-get-again.html

Stay away from Google! :)

Wow! I'm amazed they didn't mention to you that you had HELLP. I had HELLP my first pregnancy. I'm pregnant a third time and have been having some high blood pressure readings. But I didn't have any problems with my 2nd pregnancy.

Wow I can't believe they didn't tell you that you had this. Did you get pre-eclampsia aswel or just hellp? I assume you didn't need a transfusion or anything?

I had hellp & severe pre-eclampsia with my daughter which left me in intensive care for a week. So far so good with this pregnancy but I have lots of extra scans and consultant appointments booked in.

How far on are you?

I wasn't told I had it either, only found out 10 days after birth when a random doctor was reviewing my notes as I was begging to go home. It's unlikely you'd get it again as you'd be closely monitored. I had 2 of the 3 major risk factors (onset before 30 weeks, chronic hypertension, the other one is a clotting disorder) but I was still only given a 15% chance of recurrence as they'd deliver before it struck when I was showing early signs. However I was given a 90% chance of pre-e, in most cases HELLP is a form of severe pre-e (some docs disagree since in very rare cases HELLP can strike without pre-e). As it happens I didn't get pre-e, but only because the high blood pressure caused so many problems in the cord that I had to deliver at 29 weeks the second time - only 8 days later than the first time.

Sorry for not replying, didn't realise I had any replies. So far so good. For me my bp is very low this time.

i didnt have hellp but i developed severe pre e in labour was 39+5 nearly had csec due scratch test sons head comin bk abnorm si did 15min call luckly fully dilated so forceps. Mine was hectic but doc did explain wht had happened etc after birth. I was at mw 2days before an all fine bp ok urine clear an no swelling so suprised all. I was told be closly watched nxt preg but pre e nrm only first pregs. My bp did rise second preg an was medicated 32wks luckly urine ok an bloods fine an i delivered naturally at 39+6 dunno if pre e again but i did no was hypertension. Now 24+3wks with no 3 an alls fine so far, bp ok,urine clear. I get extra growth scans though 28wks 32wks an 36wks an i dont think will let me go much over due if any.

i dnt even no wht hellp is. I just rea a comment sayin about blood clottin. I remember them trying take blood an it clotted straight away in syrindge (dunno if before birth or after) am bad take blood frm norm have 4holes lol few nurses an mw at me hee hee. Not good as i was on weekly bloods frm 32wks with second.i was out nxt day after birth or maybe same but later in day (had her 6.28am maybw was home 5pm for dinner tht day must cause didnt bath til home).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->