help! 8 day old seems uncomfortablly full after feeding?

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
Our lo seems tired and wants to sleep but squirms and cries when lay down? Ive tried burping her but nothing? Im standing up with her now and she has nodded off but as doon as I put her down she cries, roots and seems hungry. When I give her my boob though she nods off straight sway like its just a comfort. Her tummy is hard and round. Shes nursed for pretty much 4 hours. Is she overfull?

My LO was exactly like this, she would not settle other than on boob or lying on me, wouldn't even settle on dh! When speaking to my health visitor she explained LO has been with me for 9months & now out in the open only way she feels secure is comforting on me. Health visitor advised I needed to ride it out.

Unfortunately my LO had night & day the wrong way round & I was sleep deprived & exhausted! She was also not gaining weight. I ended up introducing an expressed bottle (when I could pump) or formula if needed at night time so I could get at least 3/4hrs sleep.

I also found a groswaddle helped LO to feel like I was still holding her when I put her down, this worked wonders.

Oh your little one may be suffering with colics. Ours started with colics around 2 weeks actually (same symptoms as yours). I tried Infacol which somewhat helped, and then when she was 1 month old (4 days ago!) I introduced gripe water which helps a lot. These might help you too though she is still quite fussy sometimes. It seems we just have to wait this period out and cope with the gripe water in the meantime. It doesn't seem there is anything else wrong with her, thankfully, just gas and the usual reflux. :hugs: :flower:

You cant overfeed a bf baby :flower: as a pp said it could be colic. Its natural for her to cry when put down and just want to snuggle with u. Could just be a lot of gas, try burping for longer and either up over ur shoulder or sitting on ur knee.

Oh and nursing for 4 hours is totally normal, cluster feeding and as you said its comfort sucking a lot of the time xx

Ok, today LO have vomited after 2 of her feeds, and its been A LOT. Im getting worried. Straight after vomiting she is rooting again wanting the boob. Should I feed her more??

Ok, today LO have vomited after 2 of her feeds, and its been A LOT. Im getting worried. Straight after vomiting she is rooting again wanting the boob. Should I feed her more??

Sounds like our little one until 1-2 weeks ago. We were struggling burping her and she was puking all the time. Before I came back to work, I was giving her the boob each time she wanted it, whether or not she had puked. It got better eventually, now she just spits out if she hadn't been reclined long enough to help her avoid reflux. Sounds like the usual reflux with yours :hugs: :flower:

I think offer her the breast even after vomiting. If she'll take it she probably wants it. It's ok to offer baby the breast every time.

My LO often has a hard tummy also. Pediatrician said it's gas and we should burp her for longer periods/try different burping positions.

My mom sometimes rubs olive oil on LO's tummy & back it seems to calm her down. I looked up baby massage on youtube and started doing that using baby massage oil. She gets a bit less fussy.

It's normal though for babies not to want to be put down. My baby still has phases where she constantly wants to be carried. They do want comfort. Maybe look into a carrier for when you want to move around and still want her on you? Didn't work out so well for me as I've yet to find the perfect one lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->