Help, 9 month old using me for comfort

lexie1994

Reaction score
My 9 month old started having a dummy when she was in hospital being tube fed as when they were trying to feed her she would get angry because she wouldn't understand how she was getting milk, however she has now started to refuse the dummy and now she is just using me like a dummy making me horrendously sore, has anyone else had this? And how did you stop it ? Thanks in advance x

No advice, but just wanted to say I'm in the same position. LO refused his dummy point blank 3 weeks ago and hasn't had it since. He's using me as a comforter and I'm so sore it's horrible! I have no idea how to stop so will be stalking x

sorry not advice as such, but my boy has never had dummy, and often he would have boob in mouth with little feeding. But i dont mind! He's getting comfort and i dont know how long he would want to do this for.
If your babe is making you sore, could you not relatch and let them carry on? Or is this not a viable option for short term?

I do wonder though, if you could keep giving them dummy and/or comforter when they want to latch on and also associate comforter with comfort?

Mine used me for comfort all the time (they took a pacifier while in the NICU, but chucked it as soon as we came home), and still do during the night some times. I don't really mind, but I didn't want to read and run. :shrug:

Thanks for the replies, if I figure it out Blake ill let you know haha, I have no issue in comforting her, but she doesn't sleep through at all maximum sleep I get is 4hours, and at night all she wants to do is be comforted by suckling it makes it unbearable to feed her throughout the day, I've had mastitis 3 times and this is so much more painful

I'm with you, was just coming on to make a similar thread! my little lady is 5 months and literally comfort sucks ALL night! I don't mind some comfort sucking and I love feeding her. But this couple with my middle daughter who doesn't sleep either is exhausting me.... It makes me feel like stopping breastfeeding which I don't want to do but I'm shattered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->