Help - aches & pains trying to sleep

iluvcocopops

Mum to Molly-Rose
Reaction score
I'm 18wks pregnant & I've started getting a lot of aches & pains this week - round ligament & lower back pain. I sit at a desk 8hrs a day, so am trying to get up & move around plenty.

But the main problem is at night. I have a pregnancy pillow & sleep on my left side with knees bent & pillow between my legs, but it still seems to put a lot of pressure on my left side & I feel uncomfortable.

Any other suggestions or ideas on how I can relieve these aches & get a good nights sleep??

I have a pregnancy pillow that i use, sometimes its brill help, other times it just adds to the annoyances!

When im all sore going to bed i get a bath first to relax then ill try with pillow, if that doesnt work i toss and turn for a it until i get comfy, thats probably no help but didnt want to read and run! x

I used a pregnancy pillow with my first pregnancy and found that it really made me sleep only on one side which would get so sore because it's difficult to switch positions with that huge thing! This time I've ditched the huge pregnancy pillow and just use like 5 regular pillows. It is so much easier to move around because I'm only really switching the one between my legs. It's made for a much more comfortable sleeping experience so far.

Maybe try a heating pad on your lower back before you go to bed. It might loosen up your muscles and make you more comfortable to lay. It worked for me with my neck a few nights ago. I finally got a good night's sleep and felt great the next day!

Baths sometimes work. I've got a pregnancy pillow but it's not really helping. My mattress is memory foam so that's actually pretty comfortable but I am having loads of aches and pains too. Have been referred for physio so hopefully that will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->