Help baby boy name!

wantingagirl

Reaction score
I have 2 girls and a boy. Cody, Olivia and Erin.

These are my 3 picks

Mason James

Alexander James

Sebastian James

I'm veering towards Mason. The other two sound too traditional with my kids names but then we would probably end up calling him xander or Seb which does go 🙈😂

Help!

Mason James sounds great with your other children!

Well, my nephew is Mason, my 3rd son is Alexander and this baby (if they re-confirm at 28 weeks is a boy) is Sebastian. I wasn't allowed James - hubby's middle name. I can't give you a fair comment. I love them all for obvious reasons!! :haha: But I'd probably veer toward Mason too as it's modern - just like your Cody, Erin and Olivia. :) Alexander and Sebastian are very traditional names but I don't think they go quite as well with your other 3.

As for shortening Alexander and Sebastian, I'm a firm believer that traditional names shouldn't be shortened to nicknames (hubby tries to call DS3 Lex), and Granny tried to call DS1 Chris instead of Christopher. Traditional names should be kept as they appear on the Birth Certificate in my opinion. Mind you, none of my boys would suit it shortened - we've just used their full name for so long I couldn't imagine it. But all your choices are fantastic!! <3

They are definitely the 3 I'm just so stuck as I like them all.

The middle name will either be jack or James. Will has now said that he still prefers Alexander slightly more but just a touch. My problem is I don't think it goes aswell as the other kids names so I'm stuck &#128584; boys names are so hard I loved my girls name.

I am concrete on girls name!

I too love all 3 but going back to your first post I think xander goes with your other children's names really well

I've never met a Christopher who was called that, they are always Chris here (including my brother). What is wrong with nicknames? It's a sign of familiarity and affection for the person. If you were really that pedantic you would surely refer ro every person by their entire name, first middle and last, all at once?

I'm not fond of Mason, it sounds like an occupation like Hunter or Archer etc. I love Alexander!

I've never met a Christopher who was called that, they are always Chris here (including my brother). What is wrong with nicknames? It's a sign of familiarity and affection for the person. If you were really that pedantic you would surely refer ro every person by their entire name, first middle and last, all at once?

I'm not fond of Mason, it sounds like an occupation like Hunter or Archer etc. I love Alexander!

I think for me personally, if I didn't intend to call my children by their full name then I would have called them Chris or Alex - both of which I hate so it was never going to happen. :haha: But we love their full christian names and can't imagine shortening them which often happens. For us, they suit them. :) But they have nicknames anyhow - Christopher is Pork Chop, Brayden-Lee is Beanie and Alexander is Monkey or Stinker (depending on the time of day he needs that smelly bum changed). Each to their own though of course. :) My brother-in-law is Michael. Everyone calls him Mike but for the same reasons as my own children, I call him by his name unless I call him Bob. Friend's husband is Phillip and I call him that too. A lot of our family have their Christian names shortened to something but I've never used the shortened form except for hubby's cousin Chris and that's because he asked me not to call him Christopher. I don't know. It's just me. :)

I love Alexander James!....but that's because it's the name I love most too. Hubby isn't too keen.

Wacky - I'm with you. A traditional name like Alexander or Christopher should be left as it is. If I wanted to call them something else, then I would have named them that at birth.

Gotta say I wouldn't consider any name used by Shakespeare to be "modern" (Olivia) so for me the modern/classic mishmash isn't really an issue because you've already got a bit of both.

I personally don't like Mason at all, both Alexander and Sebastian are nice, solid names but I've always really loved Sebastian so that would be my choice for sure. I think Seb is a cute nickname and I prefer longer traditional names with modern nickname options myself - best of both worlds. :)

Alexander James but you know I'm biased as I have a James Alexander :laugh2:

I am not a super big fan of Mason, but it does go nicely with your other kid's names. I think the other two names are lovely, but I am pretty big on very traditional names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->