Help - BD how much? + sperm count???

Babycake

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Me & my OH are trying improve our chances this month - we are 1st cycle TTC after 1MC.

We are wondering what we can do to improve sperm count? We are thinking the sperm meets egg plan might not make it strong enough? ... we are using the CB digi tests, conceive +, but wondering if he may have a low sperm count & doing it every other day might make it worse? ...would leaving it every 4days be better?

tips on diet, vitamins too would help.

thanks,

Hi Babycake! Sorry to hear about your loss. Do you have any reason to believe his sperm count is low? If it is, then every second day should be about right, just don't bd every day. I wouldn't leave 4 days in between as that means you might miss ovulation, if you're unlucky and the sperm don't live that long. They can live up to 5 days, but it depends on whether there is enough ewcm, so if you bd 3 days before ovulation and there's no ewcm yet, then all the spermies might have died off by the time the egg comes around. You can do lots to improve sperm count though: Take vitamin c and zinc (him, not you, obviously), eat healthily, have sweet potatoes, don't wear tight underwear/trousers, don't have hot baths, no exessive bike-riding, drink less alcohol and less caffeine, don't smoke. Those are the main ones I can think of but I'm sure there'll be more...

Hi, thanks for your reply

no we don't have any reason to believe it might be low at this point but my OH has convinced himself it may be the case!! We just wanted to try all options & hopefully get the winning formula this month.

I've been reading on the web about Wellman vitamins... do you think that'd be a good first step?

We don't bother with those, as they're quite expensive and if he takes a good multivit plus extra zinc he'll probably be covered for all the important stuff. Definitely won't do any harm though! DH has also increased his intake of sweet potatoes (lovely mashed with normal potatoes, in soups or roast in the oven), nuts and pumpkin seeds. Another thing you can do for sperm is to not leave it too long between sex, even if it's outside your fertile period. Once every few days should be enough to keep them "fresh". :thumbup:

Thanks Amygdala,
I'll try all that! mmm... all that talk of food has made me hungry! I'll have have to persuade OH to try sweet potatoes now!

Ive been told that you can bd as much as you want UNLESS your partner has sperm issues. So id say go for it. Zinc is good for sperm, apparently :)

Hey hon,

Sorry for your loss and good luck TTCing - I'm right there with you.

For your sperm count worries, you could always have your OH do a sperm test (it's not too hard for them or expensive) that way he could ease his fears.

I think 4 days would be too much - try every other day leading up to fertile period and then every day right before ovulation (like 2-3 days) and one day after ovulation...then on to the dreaded TWW...

BABY DUST :dust:

Hey Ladies,

Well today is CD11 & we didn't get a reading on the CB test - i'm hoping i'll get a much more normal OV date this month as after MC it was 27/28!! We are currently trying every other day with zinc & conceive + ... i've got everything crossed it'll work!

I'm going to try & turn myself into Nigella Lawson tomorrow & cook some healthy food for us both - can't hurt i guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->