~~*HELP!!! Bumgenius VS Fuzzibunz???*~~

caseylin

1ST baby on the way!
Reaction score
im looking into buying either of these so far... but don't know from experience which is better as I am a FTM :D
I am leaning toward Birth to Potty Training dipers, and also leaning toward fuzzibunz... PLEASE anyone who has suggestions and/or comments as to what they like best???? Def want AIO with inserts...??

HELP!!!:wacko:

Hiya! Having used both, my personal choice is BGs... don't get me wrong... fuzzibunz are a lovely wee nappy, but I find BG more reliable at holding pooplosions and massive pees. I'm starting to lean more towards the organic ones as well at the mo. Remember though, everyone's different and what suits one baba might not suit another. Try buying one or two of each and seeing which one you like as opposed to splashing out on one brand. Good luck.
Joanne xxx

Hiya! Having used both, my personal choice is BGs... don't get me wrong... fuzzibunz are a lovely wee nappy, but I find BG more reliable at holding pooplosions and massive pees. I'm starting to lean more towards the organic ones as well at the mo. Remember though, everyone's different and what suits one baba might not suit another. Try buying one or two of each and seeing which one you like as opposed to splashing out on one brand. Good luck.
Joanne xxx

Thank you!
QUESTION: have u used cloth since birth? do you use one size, or sized ones??? (sorry, im just starting my research, and am a bit confused and overwhelmed... )

Joanne xxx

Thank you!
QUESTION: have u used cloth since birth? do you use one size, or sized ones??? (sorry, im just starting my research, and am a bit confused and overwhelmed... )

Ok, we used cloth from about 4 months, BTP all the time. Knowing what I know now, however, I'd be inclined to recommend some sized nappies for when the LO is proper tiny. When Mairi was little, she just looked so swamped in a big BTP. There are some really nice sized AIOs that I think I'll be looking into when I'm pregnant again. Good luck hun!:thumbup:

im looking into buying either of these so far... but don't know from experience which is better as I am a FTM :D
I am leaning toward Birth to Potty Training dipers, and also leaning toward fuzzibunz... PLEASE anyone who has suggestions and/or comments as to what they like best???? Def want AIO with inserts...??
HELP!!!:wacko:

Hi, you cant get AIO with inserts. AIO's are quite literally All In Ones (1 piece). (A lot of the ebay nappies that say AIO, are actually pocket nappies)

If you want something that you put an insert into, you mean a pocket nappy. They are like AIO, but you stuff them with an insert instead of it being sewn in like an AIO.

^wss. fuzzis are a pocket nappy, and I LOVE them. especially the perfect fit ones, you can adjust the leg elastic!

^wss. fuzzis are a pocket nappy, and I LOVE them. especially the perfect fit ones, you can adjust the leg elastic!

See, different baby, different preference! We all have differently shaped, but equally beautiful bubbas. NuKe likes Fuzzis, I like BG, all different, all fluffied!

I've used both and like both too- but I prefer the BG pocket a little bit over the OS FB just because it's cut a bit bigger. My dd briefly outgrew her OS FB but once she slimmed out a bit it fit again (we bought some large FBs when that happened). My only other complaint with the FB is that their inserts aren't as absorbant as the BG ones.

We CD'd from birth but found that for the first few months we were more successful with fitteds and wraps than with OS pocket diapers. hth :flower:

I didn't like Fuzzi Bunz much at all when I tried them. No real reason, they just didn't seem great to me. bumGenius ones are ok but I don't like pocket nappies so I'm biased against them both really!

I definitely wouldn't buy more than a couple of any one type because you could buy what 100 other people say are the perfect nappy for them and find it rubbish on your LO, just the same as with disposables. Much better to try before you invest.

If you want pockets (which is what FBs and BGs are), there are more than just the two you mentioned. Maybe try a couple of others too? And there are nappies that are true AIOs too, if you want something like that.

I've tried Fuzzi Bunz (pockets) but only the perfect size ones (loved em) not the one size.
I've tried BG in both sized (their AIOs, not the organic but the regular AIOs) and BTP (their v3 and v4 pockets). I love them both.

I think my favourite of them is the BG AIOs. But the BG pockets are great for us too (and BTP which is practical). My only issue with FBs was that they didn't have a little flap of material at the back covering the pocket opening. So if you had a big poosplosion sometimes poo would get into the pocket enclosure itself and onto the PUL and insert sometimes (though they still containing the plosion well). I think this wouldn't be an issue now with DD being weaned but back in the 6 BF poos a day days it just seemed like everything was covered in poo when you changed a nappy.

I have been using both for my DS since he was four months old. I prefer the BGs although both are good. I find that the BGs are more absorbant and now that he is older I have to use an extra booster in the Fuzzis but I dont in the BGs. The Fuzzis are smaller and will probably fit better on a smaller baby but as the child gets old you will likely find that the BGs start to fit better.

alot of the mums on this thread i think have used the older FB not the new ones which makes a difference as the newones are much better its like a v1bg vs a v4 lol,
i like that you can get os FBs which are highly adjustable since you can change the leg elastic not just popper them down like bg's and i like the perfect size ones too. as the inserts are just microfibre then like all pockets both tend to need a booster once LO reaches 4-6months and some earlier

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->