HELP!! Can your pee bee TOO concentrated??

L.E.

Mom of 1, TTC #2
Reaction score
LONG VERSION (you can skip if you must): I had some OPKS on the 18th that were as dark as (or verrrry close) and I had a ton of watery/slippery cm. Well I had expected my opks to be really dark (I had one super-dark one and 3 days of positives last month when I O'd for the first time in years) but they were just a "normal positive" and I wasn't convinced. It took a couple days for the lines to get fairly faint but my cm was still watery/slippery even through today. I actually had a patch of EWCM 2 days ago and then yesterday my cm starting having a bit of white color to it. Today I woke up with a ton of watery/slippery cm but it had a little more of the white color and I was thinking that I was finally getting post-O cm. I checked it when I did the 2:38 opk and there wasn't much at all and seemed creamier. (keep reading)

SHORT VERSION: I thought maybe I ovulated and my cm is finally turning a little less fertile (6 dpo??) but I got positive opks. Now my urine was super-concentrated since I hadn't really had anything to drink (just water to take meds with) since around 4 a.m., but I had peed at 7 and noon before this. CAN YOUR PEE BE TOO CONCENTRATED AND GIVE FALSELY DARK OPKS??? I'll test again later and maybe get some dollar tree opks but this is enough to drive me crazy(er).

The first pic is from the first set of "positives" and the second pic is from today.

Attachments

• IMG_8317.jpg
    IMG_8317.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8382.jpg
    IMG_8382.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 18
Interesting. I don't think urine can be too concentrated; the instructions hint that you want it that way.

Maybe your surge wasn't until today. How long is your cycle? Which day is your surge supposed to fall on?

Im going to guess your LH surged to trigger ovuation, giving you a +opk, but no egg was released. Then your body tried again a few days later :thumbup:

Thanks, Ladies! I'm thinking that too, kiki04. I'm definitely surging now!! (see pics)

AonTaistealai, I don't have a regular cycle yet. December was my first month O'ing in 5-6 years and I hadn't had a normal period during that time. I bled all the time, but it was never a "real" period. I would just bleed for weeks and months. I started Metformin earlier this year and Provera in Oct... well I got my first positive opk in Dec (CD49) and went on to have a normal 7 day period 2 weeks later. Today is CD25, so that puts me at a longer cycle than what's considered normal, but I don't think I've EVER ovulated 2 month in a row, so I'm thrilled!! :)

My pics were taken at 2 mins and 9 mins

Attachments

• IMG_8417.jpg
    IMG_8417.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8419.jpg
    IMG_8419.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 4
oops... here is the 9 min pic I meant to post

Attachments

• IMG_8420.jpg
    IMG_8420.jpg