help getting money back

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyhussey

Reaction score
A lady bought some items from me in december which i sent and have proof. She only paid for 1st class. These items went missing in the post. By mistake i paid this lady for some items (stupidly sent it to the wrong paypal account), that was ment for another BaB member. This payment was more than she orriginaly paid me. I have explained and asked for a refund but she is refusing. is there anything i can do?

Did you pay by gift payment or normal payment because if you sent by normal payment then you might be able to open a Paypal dispute but not 100% sure

Did you pay by gift payment or normal payment because if you sent by normal payment then you might be able to open a Paypal dispute but not 100% sure

no it was gift payment. The lady is a BnB member and its so hertful that she will not return the money.

I think because it was done as a gift payment, paypal won't help.

Isn't it theft if she isn't giving it back? Because then surely the police can get involved

What's her reason for not returning it?

Isn't it theft if she isn't giving it back? Because then surely the police can get involved

She said that she thought it was a refun fit the items tht she bought from me that we're lost in the post. She paid £30 for items that were posted and I sent her proof but the money I sent was £35 so even if it was a refund she didn't have the decencey to correct th amount or thank me. I had to contact her after I relised my mistake 3 days later!

She said that she thought it was a refun fit the items tht she bought from me that we're lost in the post. She paid £30 for items that were posted and I sent her proof but the money I sent was £35 so even if it was a refund she didn't have the decencey to correct th amount or thank me. I had to contact her after I relised my mistake 3 days later!
Ah ok. I'm pretty sure you have to give her the money back anyway and then you sort it with Royal Mail.
She obviously still owes you £5 but I'm not sure what you can do about it. Have you emailed asking for just the £5?

You do owe her the £30 refund and you need to make a claim with royal mail regarding lost items (hope you sent it signed/tracked) tbh she has probably spent the money already, I would have assumed it was a refund for the missing items if it was me. You can ask for the £5 back.

that's really mean!

Id also ask for the £5 back. But the £30 you need to claim back via royal mail.
I dont think its anything admin can do on here, but id also mail them to explain the situation.

BUYERS & SELLERS
If we receive a complaint we may remove permissions to this section until the issues are resolved however you are responsible for the transaction. BabyandBump accepts no liability for any failed transactions and/or any other problems that may occur after a sale has been made.

Thread locked. Please contact us via pm if you have any further concerns - posting threads like this is accusatory and unfair.

All buying and selling is done at your own risk but we do note any problems for future reference if needed. Any dispute should be made through Paypal as we also highly advise.

This is some personal advice (which others have stated):

• You are responsible for the sale with this you should make sure the item is covered by the postage method you use and keep the receipt until the recipient has confirmed safe arrival of goods, if you don't you are automatically at a loss.
  • If the item is lost or damaged you as the seller are responsible for the claim to Royal mail (or courier service) as you are the only person who can actually make the claim. If the buyer claims items damaged paypal require the buyer to return item at their own cost and prove this within the dispute (so never in this case 'gift' pay ANYBODY).
  • Request this member owes you £5 and let me know via PM if she has agreed or denied this (as it is dishonest and I'm not comfortable members using the privilege like this).
  • Make a claim with your proof of postage.

Wobbles :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back