Help !! Hands down nappy at night!!

emma4g63

Reaction score
This is driving me mad - she is 26 months old started doing it about 3 weeks ago but doesn't do it every night as some nights she doesn't move at all but for about the 4th time last night I can just hear rustling and. She's trying get her hands down her nappy and just messes with it !!! If I try take them out she cries it looks as tho she asleep
Any experiences ??

None but could you not put her in a body vest so she cannot get at the nappy so easily? Or put her in a sleeping bag so she cannot get at it at all? Does she pull it off btw?

I have had months of my sons hands being down his nappy and pulling out his boy bits so he was constantly wetting himself. It has been dreadful and we have tried all sorts of things to prevent his hands going in (again it was all done in his sleep), the 'best' option was a reusable nappy over a disposable nappy with a popper vest over the top... But we actually decided to try potty training him as he soon started doing it during the day a couple of weeks ago and figured he was getting himself wet anyhow. We are a week and a half into potty training and he is doing amazing.. And... He is has stopped wetting and playing with his nappy at night. It really feels like that was his initial sign to say he was ready.. Just another thought process anyhow :)

Hi thanks for the replies - she doesn't take it off as she does wear a popper vest most nights but when it's warm she doesn't as she is one sweaty baby !! Lol
I was thinking of potty training her at the weekend ... I ope this is it !!!
Wish me luck

I use a onesie style pyjama or a poppered vest under pjs with Louis. The onesies I find the best though.

Edit: Nevermind... I see the part where you say she's taking it off.

TMI but I've always been a hands down my pants kinda gal.
Mum tried very hard when I was a child to stop it but I find it comfortable, now a days I just stick my hands between my legs when I'm sitting instead of down my pants.

Good luck with the potty training

My little girl does this too, she's two tomorrow. I think it's comfortable/comforting, like how I tuck my duvet between my legs, you know? She does it at night when she's drifting off to sleep.

She's increasingly interested in taking her nappy off now though, I also think these are signs of being ready to potty train. Good luck with it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->