Help... HCG and progesterone levels

swimmyj1

Reaction score
I'm really hoping I'm worrying for nothing but at 14dpo my hcg was 55 (not horrible but I've seen a lot higher). But my progesterone is only 10! I've already been on 200mg of progesterone vaginally sense I ovulated and my doctor will not increase the dose. Also I was told by a very rude nurse that it is against policy to recheck progesterone levels while on vaginal hormones even if they are low.

Anyone have any advice (good or bad) ?? I'm doing a repeat hcg tomorrow but I can't shake this bad feeling. I keep having slight cramping on and off which keeps freaking me out. but besides acne acting up and being more tired than usual I have no symptoms.

Hi swimmy! Lovely to see you here. I was on the ttc boards with you. Congratulations on your :bfp:

I think you can be cautiously optimistic. Some people's hcg just rises more slowly at the start. I had terrible acne (still do 11 wks later!), tiredness and bloating so your symptoms look good. Try not to worry.

In the UK they don't generally check it so I don't know my numbers to compare, sorry. Fingers firmly crossed for you that tomorrow's hcg brings better results.

Good luck for your next set of bloods. Just wanted to say mild cramps are normal :)

My hcg didn't double it only went up to 83 :( so she said it is most likely not viable. I didn't exactly wait 48 hours but I don't think it would make that much of a difference. I guess we will just see what the next labs say, but she said to prepare to stop the progesterone next week.

Try not to stress. It can take anywhere from 2-3 days to double. You might just be a slow riser. How much early is not exactly 48 hours? Doing the math, you did about 75% of doubling or 1.5x your original amount. It stills rising and rising, what I think, is a good amount. I freaked out once because my hcg didn't quite double (i took the first in the afternoon and then two days later took it in the am), but my gyn insisted that is was "close enough" to doubling. I know it's not reassuring because I did not carry that pregnancy to term, but I lost that bean for reasons you do not have to worry about. Trust me.

I too am having the same issues and am trying to remain positive. I have done a lot of research on this and you still are in the norm. I got my BFP on 8/18 after 2 HPTs. I got my hcg level checked and it was 119 at 13dpo and it was at 12:00pm. I had already had my progesterone checked to confirm ovulation and it was 24.8 at the week before. They haven't checked that again. I had a repeat hcg level done on Thursday at 15 dpo at 10:00am and it was 221. So mine did not quite double either so I had it repeated today. I won't know the results until Monday but I am incredibly worried. My friend's did not double right away either and she had a healthy baby boy. I am a nervous wreck too and have had cramping on and off but it has eased some. Try to remain positive and see what the next scan is. I am in the same boat and am scared to death but I am trying to really think positively.

I am getting my blood drawn in the morning, fingers crossed for us. But my wondfo tests haven't gotten any darker sense Friday :(

Good luck today Swimmy! Recognised you from my brief stint over on the TTC boards :)

Well they went up to 179 :) my doctor is "cautiously" proceeding and wants a redraw Wednesday. But it did make me feel better lol for now hahaha

That's amazing news!!! Praying for us both!

Great number. Good luck and keep us posted

swimmyj1, i'm so glad that your number increased! Good luck! Xx

Yay increase again to 424, it makes me nervous still that it's so low for where I think I am but maybe my dates are off or i implanted late. Fingers crossed :) ultrasound next week hopefully I at least see a fetal poll

swimmyj....that's a great increase!!! That sounds amazing. I got my beta levels back again today and they went up from 1234 to 2808 in 42 hours so my nurse was very happy with that. The doctor cancelled a beta draw on 9/1 and said we could keep the ultrasound appt! So I am excited. We should be able to see something with my numbers being so high. By Tuesday, I should be over 6,000!!!YEAH!

Congrats those are both great progression in betas. I have no clue what mine are, all I know is that I feel so nauseous so I'm hoping that's a good sign. How high do betas have to be before you can see something on a scan?

1500 for a vaginal ultrasound. I'm hoping mine keep going up so I can see something Thursday. DH is too excited for me to push it back I think

Only went up to 803 in 4-5 days looks like I'm out thanks for the support during the wait

Oh I'm sorry to hear that :( I've had 2 early losses and it's tough. Look after yourself and make sure you get any support you need x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->