Help! I accidentally heated EBM too hot. Can I wait until it cools and feed?

wifey2013

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I just got a little preoccupied (5 day old baby at home - FTM) while warming his milk in a glass bottle that I put in boiling water. It got too hot - like was very hot on my wrist when I tested it. Here's my question - can I wait until it cools to room temperature and then feed it to my son? Or has it lost it's nutrition from over heating?

Any advice is appreciated - I hate to loose this liquid gold! LOL:shrug:

Not really sure on what to do with the breastmilk. I have a suggestion so it won't happen anymore though. Use hot water in a glass and heat it up by putting the milk in the hot watrr instead of boiling it. In my opinion boiling it is way too risky. You can also do what I do and buy a bottle warmer. It uses steam to heat the bottle and works amazingly well.

It should be fine to use. It's not ideal to overheat, but it's not as though the milk loses ALL of the nutritional value.

If I'm honest. I'm very confused by all the rules and regulations regarding warming, room temp etc... Even though I have the information from the hospital all the nurses gave me mixed messages, it's very over complicated xxxxx

If I'm honest. I'm very confused by all the rules and regulations regarding warming, room temp etc... Even though I have the information from the hospital all the nurses gave me mixed messages, it's very over complicated xxxxx

What are you confused about? Or rather what is it you need help figuring out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->