Help! I fell over now I'm worried I've killed my baby

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
I went swimming and slipped and fell onto my bum, my bum doesn't hurt but when I fell my belly hurt quite a lot and now I'm worried I've dislodged the placenta or something!! Do I need to go to a+e??

Call your doctor and ask what they want you to do. Can you feel baby's movements yet!

Yeh I've felt movements for ages but haven't felt a kick since I fell, which isn't completely unusual but my hubby says I'm being silly as I'm not even hurting myself but I feel really worried that I've done something :( when I get home I'm going to ring up, I can't handle the worry!!

:hugs: I'm sure everything is OK, the fall was on your butt. It's a hit to the stomach that causes problems

I'd baby is probably fine. Though I think it's always worth a call (not sure how it works in the UK) and have a health care professional advise you on if you should be seen or not. Even if it just gives you reassurance.

I always feel silly calling in over things I worry about, but it's always worth it to me to have them confirm if I should be seen or not. The reassurance is 100% worth it though.

When I was pregnant with DD I had a fall similar to your my bump went all hard and the advice from my doctor was to lay down and drink an ice cold glass of water to see if that gets baby moving. Worth a try while you ring the doctor.

Good luck I'm sure you both will be fine x

It can't hurt to give them a phone, especially if your worried. Im sure baby is absolutely fine though:hugs: x

They aren't answering :( I've called like 4 times over the last hour :'( I'm just going to book a private scan and pray until I get there that baby is okay xx

Awk thats annoying, try not to worry though i know its hard sometimes. Keep trying them though have you only got one number you can call? x

Yeh the other number is only between 8.30am and 9.30am every day and it's currently nearly 5pm making me think her shift will end soon and I should stop calling :( xx

hmm cant you phone the hospital up that your delivering in and ask to talk to someone? x

I'm so happy, we have movement again!!! sorry for panicking and thank you so much everyone who replied!!!

I'm so glad everything is all right, and don't apologize for being a caring mum

I'm so glad you're feeling that reassurance from your baby! Let me tell you something..... When I was almost due with my fourth-born, I got a brand new exercise ball to sit and rock on to help baby get into the right position. I found out the hard way when I was getting a little overzealous with my bouncing that I did NOT choose one that said anti-burst. I fell so hard that the baby pushed down hard on my bladder, and I peed myself and bruised my bottom. I can laugh about this now because it really is very funny, but at the time, I was terrified. Everything hurt. It was a hard fall on the tush. We called the doctor right away who was very empathetic but said that it'd be all right and that as long as there's no bleeding, it's safe to say there's no problem. I still worried all day and night and used my doppler every night to make sure my baby was still alive. He just turned 1 last month, and he couldn't be more perfect!

When I was 17 weeks along with my second-born, I fell out of the shower onto my tummy, and he is an awesome little 3-year-old now, and the pregnancy went perfectly!

So there are my two big falling scares for ya. :) Both turned out just fine. I'm really, really glad that your baby is moving around for you now. If there's one thing I've learned with being pregnant so many times, it's that our babies sense if we're really scared or tense, and they will go quiet as a result of it. That just scares us more, but all of my babies have done it when I've had a scare.

When I was 34 weeks with my second I Aqua planed in my car, it spun and hit a tee. The side airbag went off and I was quite bruised from the seatbelt on my neck and hip. Obviously I end up in hospital. They kept me in overnight in case I went into labour but lo was perfect. He passed every trace with flying colours and arrived 5 days late. The dr said they're prettt well cushioned in there.

Hope you're ok and feel better

Not sure where you are based? If you are in the UK, you should have a 24 hour assessment centre available to you? I've been down a couple times to mine, you just give them a call and explain the situation and they'll do some monitoring if 28 weeks + or listen to the HB if earlier on. You shouldn't need to go via your doctor. Very grateful to mine on a couple occasions where baby has decided to sleep the whole day and not move!

Oh no! Were you able to get in touch with someone?

I will say that my Dr. told me to call them for any sort of fall and they'd bring me in just to make sure everything is ok. Here's hoping you have a similar experience!

(lol - I didn't see the second page of this thread. So glad to read that everything is ok!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->