• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help! I think I have mastitis.

Kmx

Reaction score
On Wednesday evening my LO started to get very distresse Whilst feeding. She was living her legs and squirming around. I thought she had trapped wind as she would be OK after she passed wknd.

Yesterday this continued and she kept pulling off of my boob during a feed and screaming. I was a bit lazy with keeping track of what boob I fed last with and she never emptied my breast as she kept pulling off.

Last now I noticed my right boob was tender and had a red patch on it and was warm to touch. Within a couple of hours I was shivering but was running a fever. I went to bed feeling cold but really warm and just feeling totally rubbish. I woke up later absolutely sweating.

Now it's morning the fever has passed but I'm in agony with my boob and my body is aching so badly.

Does this sound like mastitis?

My LO seems to be a bit better and is feeling normally again now - I just feel awful.

Yes this sounds like mastitis, you need to go to the doctor ASAP for antibiotics or it could turn into an abscess or sepsis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->