Help im Scared, Im a soon to be father with LD&ADHD

superman1990

Reaction score
Im scared because of my mental disabitlys my inpead on my parenting skills.

Why do you think your disabilities will affect how you parent? You can do this.

What sort of things are you worried about? I know loads of excellent parents who have learning disabilities, my own mom has ADD and I'm on the autism spectrum. Don't be afraid to ask for help where you need it, but never shortchange yourself- you can do this! :)

I find it hard for me just to run my life as it is,if im not the move im goin g crazy and getting myself in trouble but if im on the move im fine. back when i was growing up i was smothered in support, im afraid that im just going to frezz up and be a bad father.
and im very worried that my child will have ld and adhd. the resin for this is because my grandfather had it, and a nother member of the familey has it ???? will my problems rub off on him or her. what is the life of a parenet with ld and adhd like

Dont worry to much :) you will be fine. I am appalling at organising, I have to write everything down and go over it every night so I know what I am doing the next day.

You will be ok, do not be scared to ask for help or support x

All your kid need is a parent who love them and provide for them. nothing to worry about

and im very worried that my child will have ld and adhd. the resin for this is because my grandfather had it, and a nother member of the familey has it ???? will my problems rub off on him or her. what is the life of a parenet with ld and adhd like

Personally, if your child does turn out to have LD & ADHD, then I think you are perfectly experienced to deal with the issues that will arise. You have already been through it all yourself :winkwink:

Stop worrying and start enjoying being a Daddy :kiss:

Personally, if your child does turn out to have LD & ADHD, then I think you are perfectly experienced to deal with the issues that will arise. You have already been through it all yourself :winkwink:

Stop worrying and start enjoying being a Daddy :kiss:

That is what I was going to say. My OH has ADHD and there is always a chance child will have it, but my OH says at least he would be able to relate.

Relax and cross that bridge if or when it comes to it :D

I think that the fact that you're already worrying about it says a LOT about what a great daddy you're going to be. All parents worry. You obviously already love your child a lot. It will all be ok. Do the best you can, and ask for help when you need it. Like everyone else said, mostly just love him/her. That's what they need from you.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

my mother has adhd. i have adhd and i imagine my LO will as well. <3 you're gonna do juuust fine:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->