help making nappies

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
I'm now determined to get DS into cloth full time rather than the odd day here and there. Can't afford to buy anything yet but I have a couple of wraps that will fit him and plenty of terry squares I can chop up plus my new disanas. Right my question is about making him a night nappy. I need to know the best way to go about it, I was thinking about a terry outer but having a fleece inside and sewing in a thick soaker between the layers using microfibre. Is this a completely daft idea or will it work well? :shrug:

Oh also any tips would be appreciated :flower:

I would go fleece inner, fleece outer, terry hidden then a thick soaker of microfibre sewn to the hidden inner, it would be bulky but night nappies do tend to be unless all bamboo

I'd go for a bamboo towelling outer, if you can make a pocket nappy i'd do fleece inner then stuff as much as you like. Zorb is also meant to be good for absorbency

oh i was working on the fact you only had terry squares, fleece & microfibre to work with lol

if you are buying fabric I would go with fleece inner (or bamboo velour), bamboo terry outer and bamboo soaker (or a bamboo/zorb soaker)

buttonnose - I do only have those fabrics and not buying at the moment as we are skint

Maffie - Glad it arrived safe and sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->