Help me get organised, please!!

luci and bump

Proud mummy to Evelyn :)
Reaction score
I'm popping in from second tri to pick your brains. I'm 15 weeks with my second, and trying to work out what I need to buy. I've done this once before, so feel silly asking, but I have literally drawn a blank and cannot remember what I bought!
Is there anything you bought you wish you hadn't? Or anything you have that you couldn't live without?

A carrier was a blessing for me and so helpful with my second to still get stuff done when she was clingy.

With my second there was very very little I had to buy. Both were boys born in summer, so all of his clothes were hand me downs and we still had the old bassinet etc. we got a car seat, a baby carrier (never had one with my first), and that's essentially it besides diapers wipes etc

This is my second as well. Honestly, we don't really plan to buy much. We need new mattresses for the cot (we have two, so we need two new ones). I may buy a few new bits of clothes if this one is a boy (we have a daughter already, though most of our early stuff is gender neutral anyway). Then changing and cleaning type things mostly: wipes, nappies, muslins, flannels, creams, etc. I need a new breast pump and some lansinoh. I think that is really it. We have a wrap and a carrier from our daughter, so all set there, though I'd really recommend one if you didn't use one before. We already have a pushchair and car seat.

I literally got rid of everything after having my daughter, my house is so tiny and I knew there would be a big gap, so keeping things for this long wasn't practical. So I'm starting completely from scratch!
Have been making lists and adding to them as I think of things. I had a stretchy wrap with DD which I didn't use anywhere near as much as I should have, but will definately get another one, if this baby is anything like DD it won't settle anywhere but on me! 😣

Love my stretchy wrap. I have a Moby. It's wonderful. I wore all of my babies and find it so easy because they're quiet everywhere we go as long as they're in the wrap. I'm glad you'll be buying another. I keep it VERY simple for my babies. My youngest is 6w old, and she has a bed (cosleeper), sheets, a car seat, some muslin blankets, some sleep 'n' plays, a couple of cute outfits - just a couple, diapers, wipes... I always use a baby bath because I love bathing them on the kitchen counter, but to be honest, my sister just laid a folded towel on the bottom of her bath tub to bathe her baby, and that is a great option for limited space... I have a swing with a mobile attached for my baby, and I also keep a rocker in a pack 'n' play to keep her out of her siblings' reach so she can have some PEACE when she's sleeping... Bottles and those things if you're bottle feeding, but that's really it. I don't use baby wash; I wash my babies with just water or maybe a drop of Castille soap... I have a crib, but my 18m old is using it, and the baby won't need it for a few more months... I DO use a changing table because I can put all of my baby's clothes in her current size into it, and I change/dress my babies on it until they're dressing themselves. I can't think of anything else I've needed for my baby yet, but I do have a few things - the crib, a high chair, some toys... that's it. I keep it really simple.

My favourite thing I had when my DD was little was her poddlepod- so handy to have her nice and comfy wherever we were in the house! There's loads of different brands/names for them but this is the sort of thing I mean

Muslins - sick, spit, blanket, something to hold, something for her to have by her face, cover- absolutely loved them.

Boppy pillow - I used it to feed her, I used it for comfort, she used it to sit up in/tummy time, used it loads :thumbup:

Dummies- really settled her, I know they have a bad stick but they were a godsend to have that first pack to hand when we needed them!

General vests, socks, sleep suits, bibs they get through so many! I remember making a mental note to get more next time so the wash load wasn't so much (and I thought I had loads!)

Gro egg- Still use it now and my DD is 18 months old!

Might be back to add to this :haha:

A carrier was a blessing for me and so helpful with my second to still get stuff done when she was clingy.

Girls, I think Emma was agreeing with this ^ not being mean xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->