Help! My toilets blocked!! *update, it's fixed!!!*

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Anyone got any hints or suggestions? I don't own a plunger btw and I've got people coming over nearly all day to buy some bits on net mums.

So when I flushed it, it filled up, it's slowly gone down and I put my hand in and scraped out all the loo roll etc (in the past this worked!) flushed again and it's back up. So I tried putting my hand in again and there's nothing there that I can get too blocking it.

Then I googled and something said a few drops of washing up liquid and pouring a lot of hot water at waist height might push whatever it is out....I now have a toilet full of soapy hot water!!

What else can I try??

Also just to add, flushing does not help!!!!! Omg it was about a mm from over flowing....

I have no idea how it worked for me, but when my toilet was blocked I was told to put a plastic bag round my toilet brush and plunge with that. It unblocked it and have had no blockages since.

Try using a coat hanger, just push it in and out really hard, it will go slightly round the bend bit and should be enough to get things moving

Thanks ladies. I just tried the coat hanger, and now it fills up when I flush but goes down a lot quicker, still blocked though :( my mum said to open the man hole cover and pour boiling water down but to be honest I can't even use a screw driver, let alone figure that out!! Ill try the plastic bag round my toilet brush.

Put a piece of hose pipe as far down (and round the bend) as you can and keep blowing down the pipe as hard as you can! Disgusting I know, but usually works.

I don't have a hose.....what if I put lots of straws together?! Lol

Lol, not wide enough, you need to blow really really hard x

Maybe a bit far out but what about using the shower head if it'll reach .. on powerful setting to blast it with water?

My shower isn't very powerful :( I'm not sure it's reach though. I'm trying to get hold of my sister because my BIL is a builder and he could at least get the manhole cover off and I could pour water down. Got a feeling she's not answering cause she knows ill need a favour! Right now I'm pretending its ok....maybe it'll unblock itself in a few hours? Lol

Maybe just try using the shower hose to do the blowy hosepipe thing suggested already x

You should be able to detatch the shower hose from shower and shower head x

Oh no hun, no advice but hope you get it sorted! xxx

I wouldn't have a clue how to do that! It's all attached to the wall, ill have a look but I won't do it unless im 109% the landlord won't be happy!

If you've got a landlord he/she should be dealing with this for you xxx

I use a old mop and unblock the toilet that way it has always worked for me,

Thanks everyone, I've tried the wire coat hanger, a bag around the loo brush and the obvious having a feel about and it's half unblocked, the waters going down but not fast enough!

I really don't like bothering my landlord with things like this, my mum said he might charge me to get it unblocked if I caused it. Also I was talking to a friend whose looking to rent and she's told me the rent on my road is at least £100 a month more than what I pay, so I'm scared one day he might up my rent, so the less interaction the better!!

My BIL is on his way to help, thank god!! He might be able to get the man hole cover off and see what he can do. Fingers crossed!!

Get some caustic soda and put it down. It should dissolve the blockage.

Try hot water again, it usally takes 4-5 goes of it for me. Also stay away from andrex tissue if your toliet is prone to blockages. It has always blocked one of my toliets. upstairs fine but downstairs is a nightmare.

My BIL has been here for a hour with drain rods and a hose trying to unblock what he's called a 'huge mass' he's trying so hard bless him but says its so far into the u bend he can't get it. Last resort is taking the toilet out but he won't do that today.

OMG ladies he's done it. An hour and a half later and a huge ball of stuff came out. I'm soooo happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->