Help Needed With IC

C

cj1979

:wacko::wacko::wacko:
Please would someone help me?

I've started using IC's to try and track when I ovulate. But I can't get a dark line, they're only ever faint.

The witch comes religously every 28 days, does this mean I ovulate on day 14?

I'm so confused, if that's the case, why aren't my lines darker?

:headspin:

Just because you have a 28 day cycle, doesn't necessarily mean you ovulate on the 14th day. Could be earlier, could be later. Try testing a day or two after you period ends, and test twice a day, at different times than you've been testing now. (For instance, you could get a negative at 2 pm but test again at 7pm and it be positive.) If you only test every 24 hours, you could miss your surge, as some people's dont last that long. Do you temp? If you do BBT charting, you can start to get an idea of when you ovulate, and how long your luteal phase is, the phase after ovulation until your period starts. Just because you get negative opks doesn't mean that you don't ovulate, and the reverse is true! Just because you get positives doesn't mean you ovulate! I hope I've helped you out a little bit. You could ovulate on day 10, but if you don't start testing til day 12, you would totally miss your surge!

Just because you have a 28 day cycle, doesn't necessarily mean you ovulate on the 14th day. Could be earlier, could be later. Try testing a day or two after you period ends, and test twice a day, at different times than you've been testing now. (For instance, you could get a negative at 2 pm but test again at 7pm and it be positive.) If you only test every 24 hours, you could miss your surge, as some people's dont last that long. Do you temp? If you do BBT charting, you can start to get an idea of when you ovulate, and how long your luteal phase is, the phase after ovulation until your period starts. Just because you get negative opks doesn't mean that you don't ovulate, and the reverse is true! Just because you get positives doesn't mean you ovulate! I hope I've helped you out a little bit. You could ovulate on day 10, but if you don't start testing til day 12, you would totally miss your surge!

:thumbup::hugs::hugs:
Wow! Thanks ever so much. How silly am I! I always thought I ovulated on day 14. I don't temp, hubby thinks I'm going OTT as it is :blush:
You've been so helpful!
THANK YOU xxxxx

Temping isn't just a good TTC tool, it's also a great way to learn your body and get to know it! This is my first cycle temping, and I'm actually really enjoying waking up and taking my temp, seeing how things change from day to day! I can't wait to see a shift when I've ovulated! Anyway if you have a fancy phone they have an app by fertility friend (which is where I chart) and you can just input your temp right there! So when I wake up, usually around 7, I take my temp, record it in my phone, and then I can lay there and dose off a little bit more! It's awesome! But yeah, lots and lots of women assume that if they have a 28 day cycle that they ovulate on the 14th day. This is so not always the case. Women vary a whole bunch, and it's nice to have the textbook menstrual cycle, but most women aren't that lucky! I'm not! And I'm really glad I've helped you out!

kmr is right on the money :) :thumbup:

:hugs:

:dust:

kmr- btw, your chart is looking lovely! (chart stalker here ;))

Hi ladies, this is my 1st post so 4giv me if i say sumthin silly!! :dohh: cj1979,i mostly have 28 day cycle's so had always asumed i ov'd on cd14/15.this is my 2nd month using ic opks,last month i didnt get a +opk (startd testing on cd11,2x day).mayb i didnt ovulate ,i dont kno Y.so this month i startd temping too(coz all the lovely ladies on here recommend it ).i got my nearly +opk on cd11-the day i startd testing this month & my deffo +opk on cd12 !! My temp also dropped on cd13,so i guess i ov'd ! Me & dh tried our best to make the most of those days,:blush::blush:.my temps hav been high-ish,with a dip on cd20,7dpo.so fingers x'd for all the lovely ladies out there ttc.x :dust: to u all

Hey thanks marg! This is my first cycle... You don't think my temps look wacky? I wish I know how close I am to ovulating! Lol but I bet most of us wish that!

hi ladies, this is my 1st post so 4giv me if i say sumthin silly!! :dohh: Cj1979,i mostly have 28 day cycle's so had always asumed i ov'd on cd14/15.this is my 2nd month using ic opks,last month i didnt get a +opk (startd testing on cd11,2x day).mayb i didnt ovulate ,i dont kno y.so this month i startd temping too(coz all the lovely ladies on here recommend it ).i got my nearly +opk on cd11-the day i startd testing this month & my deffo +opk on cd12 !! My temp also dropped on cd13,so i guess i ov'd ! Me & dh tried our best to make the most of those days,:blush::blush:.my temps hav been high-ish,with a dip on cd20,7dpo.so fingers x'd for all the lovely ladies out there ttc.x :dust: To u all

:dust: To you!

Hey thanks marg! This is my first cycle... You don't think my temps look wacky? I wish I know how close I am to ovulating! Lol but I bet most of us wish that!

I know, right!?

Yeah, your temps are looking very good - nice consistency :) I bet you'll be able to see your thermal shift here around cd 17-18. That's the bad part of bbt, it will only pinpoint ovulation after the fact. Coupled with your opks you'll be able to narrow it down I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->