Help please - going out of my mind

CatC89

Reaction score
So I am going out of my mind and hope someone can help me! I know this is a bed of my own making – but believe me, I've paid my price and learned my lesson.

I am 23 years old in a long-term LDN relationship. My last proper period was on 6th May. It was normal – very heavy and painful, lasting 5 days. I usually have a 28-35 day cycle and am generally regular. Because it is a long distance relationship, we aren't very sexually active, and when we are, we usually are careful and use protection (I'm not on birth control).

On 26th May, we had sex without protection (Stupid, I know). He withdrew long before ejaculation, but I know there was pre-cum. He assured me he had not ejaculated anytime in the 48 hours preceding sex, but just to be safe I took the Morning After Pill 20 hours later. And thus began my month of hell.

One week after the pill, I started to feel mild nausea. I know it would have been too early to test, but I did anyway. Negative. Then again and again, all negative. On the 11th June, exactly when I was expecting my period, I bled. But this time, there were virtually no cramps and the colour and consistency of the bleeding was weird. It seemed more intermittent, no clots, and very very dark (almost black, and dark mucus-y reds). It was much much lighter than usual, and lasted 7 days (most days it was just spotting). I was having cramps that did not seem like my usual period cramps, they were lower down in my stomach and seemed heavier on one side, so I rushed to the A&E. They were concerned about an ectopic, so they did a urine test (negative) and a quantitative blood test (<1 hcg). That was the 17th day post conception. The doctor told me not to worry, that I was unlikely to be pregnant, but to test at home again in a week just to effectively rule it out. I did, with a Clear Blue + and there was a faint plus that seemed to get darker throughout the day. I opened it, and there was a clear hair-thin blue line. I was still having cramps and severe dizziness, so I rushed back to the A&E (24 days post conception). They did another BETA test and told me there was no elevation in the levels. I tried to calm down, but my nipples were still tingling and my lower abdomen/back were still hurting. On the 23rd June, less than 2 weeks since the first period started, I started to bleed again. No cramps once again, still light with no real clots, but lots of dark red mucus-y blood and gatherings of thick blood that dripped down when I peed. When I peed, the urine was tinged with red too. What was weird was that even though I wore a pad, the blood barely transferred to the pad but only seemed to come out when I used the bathroom. Again, this lasted 7 days. On the last day of this 'period', the 19th day of my cycle judging from my first bleed, I had thick slippery egg white discharge that just seemed to expel from inside – it was tinged with blood and stretched for miles.

I tested regularly over the next two weeks with HPT's – all negative. Still feeling extremely nauseous, with a weird bitter taste in my mouth, bad bloating, horrible nausea that gets worse at night, and even carpal tunnel (which I never had before) and cramps in the arch of my feet and toes, with twinges and burning pain running down my legs. I had pain above my pelvis area and stitches on the side that fit the descriptions of growing pains in pregnancy perfectly! My GP suggested I do a full sexual health screening, thinking it was probably an infection. 1st July, I did a full screening, with urine tests, bimanual exams, and blood tests for HIV etc. All negative. I tried to put it out of my mind, but over the week, I started getting light creamy/green stretchy discharge that looked exactly like snot!! So one week since my first screening, on the 9th July, I went back to the sexual health clinic. They did the bimanual again to check for any irregularities, inserting the speculum (it hurt less this time) and a doctor came to check my pelvis. I was not in any severe pain, and I don't think she injured anything. Her gloves or the instruments came out clear, no blood stains. When I got home, I noticed spotting. I read that this can be normal after an exam, so I thought nothing of it. Over the next day, the spotting continued, just light browns and pinks when I wiped. On the 2nd day, I started to get dark red mucus-y blood. Just a streak. Then heavier. This was still a week away from my expected period (counting from the first day of my first bleed), and far too early if counting from the second bleed. I wore a pad, thinking it was my period come early, but it barely stained 1/4th of the pad. No cramps, no clots. It is now the 4th day and I can even lie around naked during the night and nothing transfers on the sheets. Only stringy red stuff drops out with the blood tinged urine when I pee, and when I wipe. Over the last 2 days my breasts have become more painful than usual, and my nipples tingle. I would say it is a sign of impending AF next week, but I just bled for almost 5 days since the bimanual. I'm also wondering why I didn't bleed after the first exam – I heard only pregnant women bleed after the exam as their cervix's are more sensitive? I called up the nurse and she informed me that it was uncommon to bleed after a bimanual and it was just a 'weird period that's probably caused by the MAP – though after 6 weeks it really should have no effect'.

I don't know what's going on and I'm going out of my mind. I know this isn't the best forum to post it but I figure you have a lot more experience. Over the course of the last 6-7 weeks, I've had every pregnancy symptom conceivable, and bled three times, none of which seems like my normal period – just heavy intermittent spotting that seems too heavy to be just spotting, and way, way too light to be my period. I am still in pain, heavy bolt-like pain that strikes down my groin area, lower abdominal cramps, leg pain, carpal tunnel, nausea, basically every symptom there is. I seem to have very very mild AF cramps that go on perpetually, but I'm not sure if they are AF related or not. I don't have the 'aha!' thunderbolt moment that I usually get with AF.

PLEASE HELP. I'm supposed to go back home to my country for a minor surgery soon, and I can't leave before knowing for sure what's going on here (as I don't want my parents to find out), and I have to return to London by late August to begin my new job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->