Help please with diet advice

Dani-lou

3rd tri - 28 weeks
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I have recently given birth to my son Theo on 29 Sept last year. I lost my first son who was premature (2008) and in 2009 had two late first trimester mc. I feel like my body has been pregnant forever as most of my pregnancies have been pretty much back to back. My most recent preg was obviously full of anxiety and I was on moderate bedrest from 16wks onwards.
I went up from 8.5stone to just over 12!! I have never ever been this big and although I have lost 2 stone since delivery I still have a way to go. I am small in height so any excess weight I am carrying is really noticable.

I have tried to get back into exercising first by going to the gym - bit of cardio (cross trainer, rowing, treadmill, bit of floor work followed by some weights) but after my first session I started bleeding not heavily but enough to make me a little concerned. I have had my 6wk check and was told all stiches I had were disolvable. I have tried core stability classes - started last wk to help tone those flabby areas but I just felt ashamed because looking around there were women in their late 60's who were 1. fitter than me and 2. stronger and more agile.

I just wanted some help really, tips from others, what threads to look at on b&b, what classes have worked for others, diet tips - I have never dieted in my life, never needed to but now I feel so overwealmed by diets and exercise programmes so much so I dont know where to start.

I also have a demanding baby who is very unsettled so difficult to find time to exercise well. Also I have an intolerance to vegetables - ok not intolerance just cant stand the things! I eat fruit though.

Please ladies, I am desperate to get back into some sexy underwear and feel the spark in my marriage again - getting into shape will help. I hate having to tuck my tummy into my knickers and I dont want to exist in nothing other than tracksuit bottoms.

Help please, where do I start ?

Danielle

Hi Dani-Lou

I also have a very demanding baby (now he's just demanding - before he was colic and screamed 20 hours a day).

The most important thing is REST of course. After that is diet and then exercise. Eat reasonable size portions (not starvation diets).

Here's a good guide to show you how to eyeball a portion size:
https://www.prevention.com/images/cma/portion_control_chartFULL.gif

Fresh, healthy foods. I know you hate veggies but are there ANY that you enjoy? You really need some minerals and vitamins. Your body and mind has been through a lot with the loss of your son and the birth of a premature baby recently.

At 3 months postpartum, I mostly joggled with my baby swaddled in his stroller (although this was summer, I don't know if you have snow there). It helped him settle. You can also wear him in a sling adding 10lbs resistance to you and walk for 1-2 hours a day. Again, helps settle colicky babies.

Start slow, perhaps adding in 20-30 minutes of walking or running 3x per week or an exercise video during naps.

Most of all... THIS IS NOT A RACE!! You can see in my journal below that it took 6 months for my progress, which is still a work in progress. Good luck.

Thank you for your advice. I checked out your journal, very impressed by the pics. Like you I also have a colicky baby looking after my son is exhausting in itself. I am going to try and attend a slimming world class which is 2mins down the road, it may help give me a healthier approach to food. Prior to having my son I was busy working and would always just make something quick. I need to get a grip of what I should be eating. Im never one for huge portions so that isnt really my downfall. In regards to exercise I am going to try and stick to using the gym ball at the gym - low impact workout working on core muscles and maybe a yoga/pilates class per wk which will help chill me out and tone me up at the same time.

I guess our body has to recover gradually, although the uterus slots back into place reasonably quickly all the other hormones may take slightly longer ? I feel my hormones have been put into a glass and shaken about - they need to settle.

I know my body has undertaken such a huge task of nuturing a baby and I have waited so long for this so I want to enjoy it rather than get caught up in all the business of weight loss but I also want to feel myself again.

Just wondering how do you start a weight loss journal - attaching it to your signature?

Hiya

Its about lifestyle change in your eating habits, portion size, more water & less fizzy drinks etc.

I lost 30lb last year but just cutting back/cutting out fast, fatty, crap food. Moving abit more, just around house with my LO, drinking water which i never ever did.

I started adding vegetables to my food, i was never huge fan of them but i have learnt to just enjoy them now its just normal thing, i still dont eat any fruit which is this years target again just going be same as how i started with the fruit.

I just started doing 10mins sessions on exercise bike 3 x a day, that was enough back then. As baby grew wanted me less just added more stuff in, walking with pram is great exercise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->