Help Please

StrawberryB

Reaction score
I have irregular periods, but im not sure if i ovulate or not could somebody maybe help me?
thank you

Hey girl...I was in the same boat! Because I work out a lot and was very athletic my whole life, I never had a regular period, so when my husband and I decided to try for our 1st, I went to my doc and they did some blood work and determined my estrogen was too low and that it is very likely I do not ovulate. Since I hadn't gotten a period in several months, I had to take Provera in order to get a period (you take one pill for 5 days and once you stop the pill your body usually begins a period within a couple days) and once I had my period I took clomid to force my body to ovulate. It only took me 3 cycles, I used OPK's starting at the 10th day of my cycle to help determine if and when I would ovulate, the 1st two cycles I didn't ovulate on 50mg so the doc increased the clomid to 100mg and I finally ovulated and conceived that same month, gave birth to my son in July! We are thinking about #2 soon and will be going through the same process.

If currently you do get a period, I would suggest starting to use OPK's, I usually began using them on the 10th day of my cycle, that will help you determine if you ovulate. If you don't get a period, it is highly unlikely that you do ovulate, although not impossible, but I would let your doc know and ask him/her about Provera and Clomid :thumbup:

Hey Hun
well i am a little overweight, and i had a doctors appointment yesturday. he said to me that i have to lose weight. but he made absolute no mention of to do tests, or to bring on my period or anything. ive lost nealry a stone and it hasnt made any diffrence as of yet :( can i get either Provera or clomid without a perscription?

Well congratulations on that much weight loss, that's really great! With my experience in fluctuation of my weight, that has never helped me, my doc originally told me I had to gain 10 pounds in order to get my cycles regular, that did absolutely nothing for me and at that point, I didn't feel like my doctor was really interested in helping me achieve my dream to become pregnant so I changed doctors. My new doctor is wonderful, I went in and told her my story and she immediately sympathized with me and began helping me. It took a few weeks of different tests, blood work to check hormone levels, my husband had to have a sperm analysis, and then they did an HSG x-ray which makes sure that the fallopian tubes are not blocked. At the end of that month she determined that I do not ovulate, my tubes look perfectly healthy and my husband's sperm is great, so that's when they decide to prescribe the Provera and Clomid. It is available online without a prescription, but I wouldn't trust those companies because they're distributing drugs that you may not know if they're safe or expired etc.

A friend of mine didn't want to go through all of the testing, so she went to a new obgyn and told her that she knew she didn't ovulate and her husband's sperm was perfectly fine and the doctor did prescribe her the Provera and Clomid on the spot! I think my doc just did all of the testing to rule out other possibilities of infertility, but it's not necessarily a requirement because Provera and Clomid are not drugs that are damaging to your body, they simply trigger your body to produce the hormones that fertile women already have to signal their body to menstruate and ovulate, so they're completely safe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->