Help! Post Mortem Report is back...

zoefromsussex

Mother
Reaction score
Well three months after delivering our son George as a result of a tfmr at 18 weeks, the postmortem report is FINALLY ready! We have an appointment with the consultant obstetrician on thurs afternoon and I'm a bundle of nerves. On the one hand, I really want to know the exact cause of his anomalies but on the other hand I'm scared in case it turns out to be a genetic condition which could occur again or (even worse) in case it was somehow my fault.
I'd love to hear from anyone who's been through the same thing or knows someone who has.
The facts we know are that George's chin/jaw hadn't formed, his joints appeared to be 'set' and there were problems with the amniotic fluid partly because he was unable to swallow. The geneticist we saw suspected Sicklers Syndrome but nobody could say for sure.

Hope you get some answers. We didn't need a post mortem as Charlie's condition (edward's syndrome) was confirmed by CVS.

:hug:

I am so sorry that you are having to go through the trauma of this on top of the grief you are already feeling. I have no experience of this but I hope you get some answers that may help you in your grief.

Thank you both.
Deb: We had the cvs done too at St George's in London and were told it was fine and to 'just relax and enjoy the pregnancy'...they took over 5 weeks to give us the full results though and in the meantime we went back for an earl anomaly scan and our baby's chin/jaw was hardly visible it was so malformed. At that point, that was the only sign of a problem and we couldn''t get our heads round the fact that something as innocent as a chin could be a sign of so many problems! Its all just dragged out though; the funeral was held in May but I feel we can't really move on til the postmortem results

I remember my consultant telling my that CVS doesn't test for everything, so hopefully the results of the PM will fill in the blanks. Stay strong x

Hi Zoe dont have any advice just want to say thoughts are with u and send some :hugs:

Didn't want to read and run and have no experience of the experience/feelings you are having however, I hope you get the answers you need!

I hope that they can give you some answers and maybe some closure and that this won't happen again. :hug:

We chose not to have any tests done on Isabella but I get the results of a million tests done on me tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->