Help Prams/ Strollers where do I start

crownest

Reaction score
HI My head is spinning. I'm living in Canada Baby due in December. I don't know where to start. I won't have a car all the time so will use public transport and I need something that will handle snow. To complicate matters I have hyper mobility and arthritis so it needs to be light and fold up easily as living in apt with few steps. Can anyone recommend a pram/stroller

Before you do anything have a list of any essentials the pram must do. You've already started as you know it needs to be one for public transport ease and ease of folding. Think about it it needs to last through to toddler hood, whether you need big basket, whether you want baby sitting high or not fussed, whether you want one handed fold and whether you want to fold without taking it completely apart.

Then see what ppl recommend and get yourself to a pram store and take your time. If you can borrow a friends child to try in shop in whichever one or ones you set mind on then all the better as a seemingly great one can suck to push with the extra weight.

Generally large wheels make buggy easier to push, especially large at back and smaller at front but this isn't always the case hence the need to try them

The only advice I can give you is to try out the pram before buying as I saw a couple I liked online but were horrible in store for example one of them I liked online I tried pushing round the shop and it was quite stiff for me and the handle didn't move how I liked it and moving the seat was hard to move up and down.

Hope this helps :)

Not sure if this will be an option for you or not but I really enjoy the Baby Jogger Vue lite. Its small, compact, it has a car seat adapter that you can get for it, and it lasts from 3 months well into toddlerhood without the car seat adapter. I think you would need the car seat adapter to use it while your baby is a newborn. The coolest part about this stroller is it has a reverse seat. So you can have your baby facing towards you as well as facing away if you choose.

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-2015-Umbrella-Stroller/dp/B00OWE5XL6#immersive-view_1439748061009

Edit: I forgot to also mention, you can lock the front wheels so they only go straight. So it is an all terrain stroller!! (well as much as any stroller can be that is assuming you won't be going through snow drifts or anything :haha:)

If you need it to handle snow and be easy to maneuver consider a 3 wheeler and one that can be fitted with snow tyres.

Oh and don't worry too much about it lasting until baby is bigger as you can always sell it on and get a different model. Get something that suits immediately.

Updated my post OP :).

Thanks everyone lots of options to consider I'm not a fan of 3 wheelers I'm always afraud they will topple over (irrational I know ). I'm going to try out all your recommendations

Thanks everyone lots of options to consider I'm not a fan of 3 wheelers I'm always afraud they will topple over (irrational I know ). I'm going to try out all your recommendations

I've got a 3 wheeler for my first and it's never topped over, or even come close to it. Either way, definitely go into the store and push them around. It's 100% how I picked my stroller and it's been so amazing. I've known other people that simply go off of recommendations or known brand and end up hating the stroller because they didn't try it themselves first.

Good luck!

I found it helpful to start with a budget. Then, I went to a few stores and tested out all the strollers they had. I was okay with upping my budget if I felt it was necessary, but I actually ended up preferring the cheaper options. The bigger ones were more suitable for jogging, etc, and had some features like mp3 hook ups that seemed really cool, but I know I just wouldn't use any of them. So I went with something more basic that was a) small & compact, b) easy to stroll and easy to *FOLD*, and c) came in a non-obnoxious pattern. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->