Help reading BBT chart!

MicahandEm

Reaction score
Hello! My wife and I were not initially trying to get pregnant, but we noticed that her temps rose late in her cycle, and happened to have sex around that time. We thought we ovulated around the 25th because her temps rose, but they still seemed lower than they are supposed to be, so we inputted our values into Fertilityfriend, and it thinks we ovulated on the 29th. Even so, it looks like our temperatures are really low. I've read that can be a sign of low progesterone which can affect implantation. Even though we were initially trying to wait a year, we are getting excited and are hoping for a baby. Can somebody help us figure out when we ovulated and if there is something wrong with her temperatures/ if there's anything we can do to fix it? Thank you!

Fertility Chart.PNG

The post O temperatures are quite low. Progesterone might be an issue. You want a 0.2 rise in temp post O at least. Is this her first chart or is this normal for her? Maybe her pre O temps are not accurate. Make sure your thermometer is good and set and alarm to temp before moving every day at the same time to see a more accurate chart, if you’re not already.

The post O temperatures are quite low. Progesterone might be an issue. You want a 0.2 rise in temp post O at least. Is this her first chart or is this normal for her? Maybe her pre O temps are not accurate. Make sure your thermometer is good and set and alarm to temp before moving every day at the same time to see a more accurate chart, if you’re not already.

Thank you for replying! We are using a Tempdrop wearable armband, which is supposed to take her temperature while she sleeps. It's supposed to be good for shift workers, which is why we got it. After imputing some cervical mucous data, fertility friend decided that she ovulated on the 25th like we originally suspected, but we're still not sure, especially since the data we entered could apparently just as easily be semen mistaken for cervical fluid. That would make the rise in temperature more normal, though the temperatures themselves still seem lower than most people, who usually say they are closer to 37 C. At this point, if it is a progesterone issue it would probably be too late to save any egg that was fertilized this cycle, and we have no way to test it without going to a doctor.

And I don't think it is normal. It's the first chart that I've recorded in fertility friend, but we've been temping for a bit. Last month she had a regular 28-29 day cycle, but this one has been really long and weird. We think it may be related to starting a new job as a nurse, and the stress associated with that. Here's our chart today. She went up a bit today, so maybe that's a good sign.

Fertility Chart 2.PNG

Last edited:
Oh I see! A wearable sensor will give you accurate temps but if you’re a shift worker it can be really hard to have them seem consistent. It seems like her pre O temps might want to be around 35.9 and the higher ones are outliers... and post 36.2. Those are good temps :). I see she has a dip on O day which can be a sign so maybe watch for that in the future and try taking LH urine test strips twice a day mid cycle to see if you can catch the LH surge and then use that to time intercourse. Your timing looks good on this chart so hopefully this is the last one you need and you’ll get a positive (she could test tomorrow 12dpo tbh and likely show a positive if she’s pregnant).

Also there’s a trick for identifying semen from ewcm, run it under a bit of water and semen disintegrates and ewcm will stay stretchy :). If you want to go to that extent to make sure you’re logging correct info XD

Oh I see! A wearable sensor will give you accurate temps but if you’re a shift worker it can be really hard to have them seem consistent. It seems like her pre O temps might want to be around 35.9 and the higher ones are outliers... and post 36.2. Those are good temps :). I see she has a dip on O day which can be a sign so maybe watch for that in the future and try taking LH urine test strips twice a day mid cycle to see if you can catch the LH surge and then use that to time intercourse. Your timing looks good on this chart so hopefully this is the last one you need and you’ll get a positive (she could test tomorrow 12dpo tbh and likely show a positive if she’s pregnant).

Thank you for the help! We did take a test today and it came back negative which is pretty discouraging. Her cervix also felt a little lower than it had been, but it could have been the position she was in. We'll see in a few days if she gets her period or an increase in symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->