• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help reading the results....

Aamber

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am relatively new to this, joined and have been on a few times but am trying realy hard not to become obsessed with it all. We have been trying for a :baby: for over 3 years. Had all the tests and DH has a low count..we knew this prior but still were hopeful...Had the usual tests, i was fine and infact Dh got his results..All the GP said was yep low count, and referred us..we went to the clinic and basically I need to lose 4 stone to fit in the BMI bracket..DH is fine. I am trying to do everything I can obviously but really want to understand the results, so I know that it really is just down to me and the weight loss to get there..I know this may sound selfish, but we are desperate and I just want to know how many challenges we have to overcome..Sorry for my rambling, but today is not a good day to stay positive about it..Any advice is appreciated. results were -
Sperm density normal -50%,Concentration and progressive motility normal.
Result at time of exam Sperm density =1x10*6/ml. numeric value supplied 110*6mL.
Any help, advice would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

Sorry I cant help you when it comes to thetest results as I dont know....but I too have problems, when it comes to fertility and I know that I also need to lose around 3 -4 stone which takes ages coming off as I have hashimotos a thyroid disease, it seems to take forever, I can only lose 1LB a week whatever I do no more comes off!
I understand how you feel with the weight loss side of things if that helps

Thanks for replying, it does help knowing its not just me..sometime you feel like your the only person in the world this affects, as everywhere you look its babies and bumps..lol..
Loads of baby dust to you xxxxx

Hi hun,

found this for you - hope it helps and :hugs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen_analysis

Hi Omi,

Many Thanks for this explains it a bit more, but clearly the GP needs to test for all things..aww well back to appointment waiting :)

I really appreciate you taking the time out, thanks and happy Tuesday xxxx

Hi Aamber, it basically means what you said, his sperm count is low. I don't know about UK but here (Australia) anything below 1x20*6 is considered low.
The motility is the percentage that swim the right way (forward), here 50% or more is normal. His volume is good, double mine, but unfortunately that doesn't mean so much, anything about 2ml is normal. What I don't see is a morphology (shape/form) percentage, so ask about that next time. There's a bit of debate atm about what is normal, but here for the moment anything above 15% is normal. It's probably different there depending on who is judging it and what they consider normal.
Soo, it's low but he still has sperm, so all is not lost.
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"