Help, she's being really fussy!

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
Aisling started brilliantly on solids and loved all her veg purees. Now she turns her nose up at them half the time and will only eat them if I put a bit of fruit at the front of the spoon. Yesterday she ate an entire pot of a veg puree and refused the same one today?! But she can't get enough water...

I'm not sure what's happening and know I should really just go with the flow but she's not been gaining weight so it's important to get the solids into her. Any advice would be great :hugs:

Milk will help her to gain weight at this age more than solids I believe. Is she showing any signs of teething? Hannah always goes off her food when she's teething. Are her bowel movements normal....could she be bunged up? How is her milk intake?

Hannah will often refuse something she's eaten previously, the important thing (as hard as it is) is to not stress about it and reintroduce it in a few days :hugs:

Nope, she had a huge poo this morning! She's still having all her breastfeeds but it's obviously impossible to know how much she takes each time. Very frustrating, she's just refused the veg again after having eaten a whole pot of it yesterday - I wouldn't mind but I have a freezer full of the stuff at the moment! :dohh:

I'm having the same probs... totally off her veggies but will eat loads of fruit! I read somewhere that its common for babies to go off certain foods at times and don't worry too much about giving them what they like. Just keep offering a variety and no doubt tates will change again after a couple of weeks!

Maybe she's filling herself up with water? They have such tiny tummies it doesn't take a lot of extra fluids to fill them up.

I've been wondering about the water too... I've been really excited though because she's learning to drink out of a beaker instead of a sippy cup and she's really getting the hang of it so I don't want to discourage her - she actually reaches over to the beaker when she wants it, I'd have to take it away from her! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->