HELP!! Stessed and confused over PCOS :(

KT88

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this, I have been TTC for a few months but I have suspected PCOS. The doctors are rubbish and won't help me because I don't have many of the symptoms, just a greasy complexion and slightly irregular periods.

I had a blood test a few months back and it came back that I had a high LH reading. I think the ratio between LH and FSH was 8.3 : 3.4 or something like that but still the docs just fobbed me off!

Now I've very sore and swollen breasts since mid October and I feel very unusually tired, groggy and a bit off when normally I am a highly energetic person.

I feel like something is wrong but with the docs being rubbish I feel lost and confused, I don't want to waste my time TTC for months if it's never going to happen naturally.

Has anyone out there had a similar experience??

Thanks

Katie

Go back to the doctors and persist!! Don't let them fob you off x having PCOS is not the end of the world, I have it and I also have a 2 year old son!

Thank u, it does make me feel relieved to hear ppl with pcos can make it happen. Well I tried to get an appointment today but my surgery operate a on the day system so wen I called first thing they had none left. I called through the day to see if anything became available but no luck! Its a terrible system cos I sometimes have to wait days to see if I'm luck enough to get one. I'm sorry if this is a bit personal but how arrgresive is your pcos and how long did it take to conceive?

Mine is quite aggressive I have a lot of cyst but my periods are quite regular and all in all TTC took about 3-4 months, currently TTC number 2 and on month 6! x

Wow that's super quick! Well I've been keeping a log of my cycles for a few months and this is how it goes 21 days, 19 days, 21 days, 43 days, 43 days, 33 days. So I do get periods even though they are bit haywire.

I'm glad you're making another appointment! =) I also have PCOS. I've had since about 14 but didn't know it/get diagnosed till I was 26. I was on BCP from Sept 2012 to Feb 2013, and I got pg naturally the next month. Unfortunately I had a still birth in Sept of last year.

I was put on Provera to induce af, then was on BCP from Nov to April. I naturally had af from May to July & just recently got af last month for more than 3 days, which was how long my previous flows were.

The DH & I are being more proactive about it this month. But just ask lots of questions & don't give up hope! It can happen. GL!

After being told I didn't have it...I am now told I do! I'm going to make a PCOS thread so that we can all share advice and worries without having to create new threads all the time!!

I've never had any symptoms except weird periods. 2 different a GPs told me I didn't have it from my blood tests even though they both showed annovulation. The fertility clinic did a scan and showed obvious PCO and the fertility dr said my bloods showed typical PCO hormone profile. I asked why the others diagnosed wrong and he said they aren't trained to spot it.

I talked my go into referring me after 6 months as I had mid cycle spotting and 2-3 week long periods so she referred me as a gynae issue rather than fertility if you can use that angle to push it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->