Help! Tingling in hands and legs waking me up at night

malia

Trying for #2
Reaction score
So at night, I'm getting a pins and needles type sensation in my feet. I've been woken up this morning by the same feeling in my legs, hands and wrists. Is this normal or could it be a sign of something bad? I've never experienced this before. It's quite uncomfortable.

Maybe something is effecting your circulation?
I get pins and needles sensations in my thumb which is caused by pregnancy related carpal tunnel but that's very localised.
I'd give your doctor/midwife a call just to be on the safe side.

I had that a lot in my last pregnancy. Saw a doctor about it and was thoroughly checked over but they found nothing wrong and also concluded carpal tunnel syndrome (although I didn't think you could get that in your feet). It lasted until a few weeks after delivery, then went away. I'd say drink lots and see if you can get some light exercise in for circulation. Swimming is great, as it also reduces swelling. And do ask your midwife or doctor about it. But my (uneducated!) guess would be that it's fine and just "one of those things".

Are you still sleeping on your back? I had this with my first and discovered that it was a result of sleeping on my back. As the baby gets bigger, the weight can push down on blood vessels, stopping the flow and therefore giving you pins and needles!

I've had this from about 12 weeks last time I was in wrist splints for carpal tunnel syndrome but it wasnt until much later on in pregnancy not so sure about the feet though I thought it was just hand and wrist, I would mention it to your midwife

Are you still sleeping on your back? I had this with my first and discovered that it was a result of sleeping on my back. As the baby gets bigger, the weight can push down on blood vessels, stopping the flow and therefore giving you pins and needles!

I did wake up on my back this morning and it was really bad. Thank you for the tip, I will have to try and get comfy on my side.

I'm going to speak to my doctor about it tomorrow just to make sure it's nothing major, but thank you all for the reassurance that it's probably just one of those things!

It happens when I wake up on my back too. It starts in the first trimester for me when my blood pressure starts lowering. I also get carpal tunnel later in pregnancy (it's just starting this time) and it's more of an all day sporadic pinched nerve numbness feeling for me.

I don't know if it will help in your situation, but I have less problems with my hands falling asleep if I take off my rings and fitbit when I sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->