Help - toddler proof plastic box for reusable wipes and liners

mandarhino

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Anybody have any suggestions for something toddler proof that I can keep my wipes and fleece liners in. She's taking only a couple of days to figure her way into each type of plastic box I buy. Knows how to open standard type with lid that clicks into place and has cracked the type with four flaps that each fold down and click into place.

My bathroom is in utter chaos as she's flinging everything everywhere. Plus I can never find anything when I need it as she's transported it somewhere else.

Any suggestions welcome...

lol, clever girl!!! :rofl:

Erm.... *thinks* could you get some of the child proof locks meant for cupboards? Ikea do one with long straps so could stretch over a box edge?

Im assuming shes getting hold of them when youre using them, putitng them out of reach is probably an obvious solution :lol:

We're rather short on storage in our bathroom. Ideally I'd put up shelves but we're renting and they're a bit antsy about such ideas.

Plus there's the whole sit down on the floor to change her nappy, get nappy off, get her to stay in one place and not run off, flip over, etc and then discovering everything is out of reach. So much easier when it is all to hand in her nappy box. Plus my husband can't keep track of anything and it really needs to be all in one place for his benefit.

How I miss the early days when they just lay there all quiet like.

How about one of these? She'll have fun trying to conquer that...

(eta: I can't find it on a UK site but it is available here, I have one - my mum got it from Lloyds the chemist I think)

Oh I might look for that assuming it is big enough to fit everything in. Was really hoping there might be some cheaper solution though.

How about one of those weird tubs that chocolates come in? I think it's celebrations, during the footy they had like a bucket of mini chocolates and the lid was like a normal bucket lid that you placed on the top but then you kind of pull up a lip around the actual bucket bit that snaps down over the lid and holds it tightly in place. I can't think how to describe it better, maybe somebody else can? They're quite difficult to get into as you have to fold down the lip all round in one go. They might be too difficult to get stuff out of though! I think maybe some ice cream boxes are like that too.

Could you keep the stuff in her bedroom on shelves? or in a drawer with a lock on? Do nappy changes in there instead?

Hmm could look out for the chocolate tubs.

I used to have a change table in her room when she was younger, which I loved. It was lovely and high and great for our backs. And everything looked so nice and neat arranged all in little boxes on it. But she started rolling early on and causing chaos so changing her became really scary as she was constantly trying to walk off/crawl off the edge of it.

So when we moved house I put the change table into storage and switched to a cheapo Boots change mat on the floor in the bathroom. Other than the mess she causes by flinging stuff, this is a much more convenient system as I can fling the solids straight in the the toilet. And safer as I don't need to worry about her falling.

I'm hoping if I have a second baby it'll be calmer and I can get more use out of the change table. :)

Oh i just meant use the change mat on the floor of the bedroom :D Thats what I do now i ant use the changetable too, Then i just go to bathroom after and sort the nappy as i keep my nappy bucket in there :)

Hmm I think I'd be too lazy for that method! I like having everything in the same room too much.

I suppose it depends how your house is laid out, For me the bathroom is right next to her room so i guess its easy, hope you find a soloution!

I got a Rabbitts mat and strap my LO down :rofl: She's still easily small enough to be on the change table, and the harness stops her from rolling. It doesn't bother her in the slightest either, which really surprised me. She just lays there quietly, talks to Iggle Piggle or her teddy, and I get the nappy change done!

i was gonna suggest the rabbitts mat too thinking of gettin one myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->