Help-what can I do to help get rid of chicken pox faster? Getting married on fri :-(

B

Belle25

So gutted. Dd2 is starting with chicken pox-getting married on Friday :cry:

Took her to a public park in Penrith 10 days ago and there was this kid with what looked like chicken pox there-so selfish/stupid :growlmad:

Is there anything I can do, other than calamine lotion?

Desperate to stop it spreading or make it go fast if at all possible? :dohh:

Any tips welcome
Xx

Oh bless you hun, sorry I don't know anything DS just rode it out, although he wasn't poorly for most of it. Will ther ebe other children/vulnerable people there?x

Chicken pox is not contagious once the spots are out, id suggest just keep trying to dry them out x

They aren't contagious when all the spots crust over, thats going to be some time yet :(

Hate feeli g powerless, just watching the spots appear!

There's a little boy same age as dd2 coming (20months) will warn the parents. No one pregnant

Can't believe this :-(
Xx

Are therr any old peopke going any one with heart chest problems evt as these all shouldnt be around you lo sorry shes ill

Dont think there is much you can do I'm afraid, though if it makes you feel better the same happened to a friend of mine her daughter was her bridesmaid, they went shopping for a new ankle lengh long sleeve dress the day before :flower:

So sorry! There isn't much you can do unfortunately - she's contagious until all the spots scab over. It takes about 12-36 hours for a spot to scab however new spots can keep appearing for up to 5 days from the first one. So added together the contagious period is usually about a week.

It's hard to know who is vulnerable - the obvious people are children but sometimes adults have never caught it by chance but are still at risk. It's more serious in adulthood too. Pregnant women are only at risk if the woman has never had chickenpox (if she has her immunity protects the baby).

Could you enlist your bridesmaids/ushers etc to help ring all your guests and warn them? Let them decide if they want to stay away or not. Other option is your daughter doesn't go but that would be such a shame.

FYI - you can't get shingles from someone with chickenpox (in case people get worried they'll get shingles) although you can catch chickenpox from someone who has shingles.

No advice (sorry), but does that mean today is your wedding day?! If so, massive congratulations! How exciting. I'm in Yorkshire too, and looks like a lovely day for it. Sorry if there's a bit of chicken-pox related stress for you, but congratulations anyway, how exciting to be getting married!! xx

I had chicken pox when I was a bridesmaid :lol: they'd mostly dried up but my Mum bathed me in Bicarbonate of soda to help dry them out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->