Help! What color or shade are my newborn baby girls eyes?! I can't tell :(

HSDR2017

Reaction score
https://tinypic.com/r/2li7z1d/9

https://tinypic.com/r/smairk/9

https://tinypic.com/r/34ry3ih/9

My baby girl was born two weeks ago. I realize eye color changes but I am constantly wondering if she is going to have blue or green eyes like I do or if she will have brown eyes like my fiance does. I love her regardless! Im just super curious because I know most babies are supposedly born with obviously blue eyes. We keep debating over whether her eyes are blue or brown. They are very dark but have gotten much lighter already.

Thank you for your thoughts, opinions, etc.,! P.S. I cropped her pictures because I don't want her photos all over the internet with all the freaks nowadays lol.

Did anyone elses baby have this eye color or something similar? What eye color did it end up being?

This is driving me crazy because of course I want her to have my green eyes, but then again I know they already are and always will be beautiful. I expected to know right away if they would he blue/green/brown and it's driving me nuts wondering because she hates bright lights so if I try to use flash she closes her eyes hahah and they are too dark to tell if they are blue/green/brown. They have already got much lighter but I need help on this one! I cant wait 6 months.

If anyone has pics of their newborns eye color "then and now" I would love to see them especially if they are or were similar to her eyes!! Thank you all in advance!

I"m not sure there is any way to tell really until they change. DD's eyes were very dark blue, pretty much navy at birth then they looked every colour for a while depending on the light levels and which way her eyes were pointing! They're currently a hazely colour with a navy ring around. My eyes were medium-light blue as a baby and are now green. My Mum can't remember when they changed though it's hard to tell my age in photos unless my younger brother is also in them!

In my experience, pretty much all babies (except those that are very dark-skinned) are born with the same shade of dark, muddy blue with very little pigment or variation. Both my girls have been born this way. My first daughter's eyes gradually changed to a slate sort of blue and had lightened to green by the time she was 2, whereas my 5 month old's eyes have been obviously turning brown for the past 4 weeks or so. So you may know soon, or you may not know for another couple of years. My eyes didn't turn completely green until I was a teenager!

They’ll change for the first few years of her life, so you won’t know for a while what her final eye colour will be. :)

Way too hard to tell from those pictures!

My OH has mainly green eyes with brown splotches (his mother has green, his dad had dark brown), I have blue (all of my family have various shades of blue).

I don't even know what to call my kids eye colours. Thomas I think has hazel, and Sophie I think brown. Emma's are kind of blue but it's murkey, kind of dirty denim. Will see if I can find pictures later.

I posted above already, but here are some photos of my girls' eyes as they stand now. My 3 year old went from muddy blue to slate blue, and then this shade of green when she was about 2. My 5 month old now has obviously brown eyes, which darkened from the same dull shade of newborn blue. So I'd say if your girl's eyes are lightening, judging only by my experience, they probably won't be brown - but nothing is certain!

Attachments

• WP_20171027_09_49_45_Rich (2).jpg
    WP_20171027_09_49_45_Rich (2).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Sylvie 011117.jpg
    Sylvie 011117.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 8
All my girls have different colour eyes but all their eyes looked like your DDs at birth! DD1s eyes got lighter and were light blue at 12m but now at almost 5 are green. Dd2s eyes went brown almost straight away and dd3 stayed that bluey colour for a while but turned hazel by 4 months! So really no knowing. I never thought dd1s wokid change as they were so bright blue but they are totally green now. Both dh and I have brown eyes. It’s fascinating watching them change! But sorry no answer for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->