Help with fleece at night :)

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
I have ordered a tots bots fleece wrap from cnt for night time. LO has bad nappy rash so im hoping this will help.

My problem is how does fleece work to keep lo dry?

I heard that the urine evaporates? So does that mean I cant cover the wrap, like with a blanket over lo at night? :wacko: Sorry if that sounds dim! :blush:

Also doesnt it smell a bit iffy with the pee just evaporating into the air?

Thanks in advance :flower:

It's not all of the wee that evaporates, the vast majority of it will remain in the nappy. Basically with fleece, it isn't totally waterproof - if you put water on it and then press it, the water will go through, but the water 'wants' to go where there's the most absorbency, which will always be the nappy rather than your LO's skin or a thin blanket/sheet/mattress cover, so the wee mostly stays in the nappy where you want it. Some of the wee that gets warm will evaporate but for you to be able to smell it, your baby would have to be really hot and be boiling the wee off!

If you want to test it out, take a piece of fleece like a blanket or a liner, and make mock-up of a nappy - have a layer of fleece (the wrap), then some kitchen roll folded into a thick pad or a towel (the nappy), then another layer of fleece (the nappy liner). Pour a bit of water on the top of it and watch what happens. You might have to press on the top to get it to absorb. Unless you pour absolutely loads on, it will stay in the absorbent layer. If it got warm, a little bit might evaporate out but not much.

Yupp fleece does work and it works quite well. We use it regualrly over night nappies and have no problems at all, there are no smells or anything as Rachel says. One thing i would advise though is if you are going to use fleece over bulky nappies then size up as it's not stretchy really so you may find the rise a bit short 8)

I use fleece overnight but had to stops for a while when LO was about 7-9 months old. He was sleeping on his tummy and not moving very much and was quite a heavy wetter so it soaked thru. He still sleeps like that but barely pees most nights so we started using it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->