help with getting toddler to drink milk...

Alexas Mommy

Reaction score
As Alexa is weaning off breast milk slowly, I need her to drink cows milk, and the problem is, she doesn't care for it much. She will take a sip or two but that is it! :shrug: She won't take formula at all so that is not even an option. How am I supposed to get her to drink her milk? Any ideas?? Thanks!

I wish I had some advice for you! :hugs:
What about maybe trying soy milk? Some people prefer that.
And I duno, when is too early to start flavoured? I know they say Chocolate Milk is just as healthy and good for you as white.. but is she too young for that? i don't know because I haven't hit that age yet! LOL.

I know a lot of people that just aren't fans of milk. Is she good with other dairy products like yogurt, etc?

I wish I had some advice for you! :hugs:
What about maybe trying soy milk? Some people prefer that.
And I duno, when is too early to start flavoured? I know they say Chocolate Milk is just as healthy and good for you as white.. but is she too young for that? i don't know because I haven't hit that age yet! LOL.

I know a lot of people that just aren't fans of milk. Is she good with other dairy products like yogurt, etc?

Thanks! She loves her yogurt! I am not sure it would be a good habit to give her chocolate milk though!

Does anyone know if I can get her a food form of her milk products (cheese, yogurt etc) and give her water, or does she have to drink her milk!???

I would keep perservering (sp?) hun and if she really doesn't like it then just try and get the milk from cheese etc. My friends baby who is 2 months younger than Caitlin wouldn't drink milk at all when she turned one and she is a happy healthy nearly 3 year old now. Her mum just made sure to give her loads of yoghurt and cheese xx

Morgan turns 1 in just under two weeks time.. And I'm dreading switching his milk!!! I know he isn't going to like it, he's not fussed on it atall when it's on his cereal!!!! All I can't say is just keep trying her on it Hun. Maybe just leave a beaker around while she plays so she can just have it when she feels. That's what I did with Morgans water bottles! He's fine with water now. Good luck hun x

I am milk intolerant and have never drank any milk in my entire life! I have soya occasionally on cereal but not too keen on it. When I was young and still now I make sure I eat calcium rich foods like broccoli, salmon, cheese, spinach and beans.

You could try making more stuff with cheese, like sauces etc. :)

What do you give it to her in? Just wondered if she's objecting to whatever the milk is put in that's all??

What do you give it to her in? Just wondered if she's objecting to whatever the milk is put in that's all??

She only drinks from sippy cups, and she has no problem with that...it is the milk, not the cup, because she will drink her water from them no problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->