Help with present for blind disabled child.

HappyAnjeL

Abigail's Mommy
Reaction score
Hey everyone

My niece will be 9 in January and is totally blind, mostly nonverbal and can't use/doesn't like most toys. She also gets overstimulated easily so no play place gift cards etc.

Her favourite things are a trampoline, an iPod, socks (she likes to flick them) and a swing

In the past I've got her a big kiddie pool made into a ball pit, bongos, A key board, soft blankets, stuffed animal massager, a giant stuffed animal to lay on, books on CD, itunes gift cards, and a bilibo chair

she still has itunes gift cards left from her birthday, so the only thing anyone has gotten her is clothes. The only thing I can think of is getting her a basket and putting in the few things she does eat ( peanut butter cups and two types of cookies) a few packs of socks and ???

I know it's a tough one but if anyone can think of ANYTHING please tell me!

Didn't want to r&r but I don't know either, most things that came to mind you already mentioned (stuffed animal, ball pit). Maybe a hammock or one of those squeezy ball with some liquid in it? Sorry if not very helpful, this is hard!

Would a sensory thing be nice? Maybe a footspa or a fan for her room (maybe tie streamers to it to tickle her face / arm). One of those hotties (fluffy toy you heat up). Some scented play doh?

I don't know what they're called but my daughter used to have a vibrating knobbly ball thingy.... I'll see if I can find what I'm on about and will repost x

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9146989

Here's some :)

Thank you.. Nikkinoonoo I actually got her one of those two years ago.. not sure if she still has it or not.

Only things I can think of are:

IPod accessories
- pouch/sock/cover
- wireless headphones or the hats/pillows with Bluetooth speakersbbuilt in

Because she likes the trampoline and swing I wonder if something like a balance cushion or ball would be good. This place has loads of stuff - https://www.cheapdisabilityaids.co.uk/sensory-massage-and-vibration-96-c.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->