Help with weaning please...

staceymy

Mummy To Two Princesses
Reaction score
Hey

My youngest daughter is now 24wks. At 17wks my health visitor told me to start weaning her as she doesnt sleep through the night & she thought that food was the answer! She also will not drink more than 2-3oz at a time!

I have now been trying for the last 7wks to get food down her! She just hates it!
I have tried different tastes, own food, jars, packets, everything!

She wakes around 6am (never hungrey has she has grazed on milk all night!)
8am- i make 1oz water & package porridge (which some days she does actually eat!!)
9am- morning nap
10am- bottle (2-3oz)
11.30am- i try again with some food
12.30pm- nap
1pm- bottle (2-3oz)
3.30pm- i try again with food
5pm- bath & bottle & nap
6pm- wakes up (somethimes try again with food)
8pm- bed (with bottle if she will have it)

Then shes usually up at 10pm, 12.30am, 3am, 5am, 6am.. drinking upto 6oz a night!

Any advice to get food down her? She does like puddings. I changed her milk 2wks ago & she drunk a oz more but thats drifted off again.

Thanks in advance!

You could try her with some finger food. My baby hated it when I tried to spoon feed her, so I decided to do BLW which is going great for us. If she won't eat anything except the very nicest tastes (i.e puddings) then I'd wonder if it's being spoonfed she dislikes, rather than what's on it.
PS I can't believe your HV advised you that giving solids would help her sleep through the night...that's one of the oldest myths! :(

Thank you for your reply! i think she hates the spoon too! She pushs her lips together & wont let me put the spoon in. My HV was supposed to come see me at home but she didnt turn up, i think she doesnt know what to do herself! She couldnt give me any advise for why Lexie hated the pram! Lol.
I will def try finger foods tho, thanks for you advise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->