HELP Wont let me feed him- fingerfood please!!

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
Help my baby wont let me feed him, he wants to hold the food! Doesn't this stage come later than 7 months?? Anyway I need finger food ideas.

I gave him cucumber which he likes. I also give him melt in his mouth baby crackers. What else can I do that is not a choking hazard? How am I going to give him a meal that makes him full enough? He will still take the cereal and sometimes applesauce.

IDEAS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

We have let Hannah feed herself fingerfoods since we started giving it to her. We still spoon feed her though.

We give her carrot sticks (the wotsit style ones), toast, sandwich, rice cakes, heinz biscottis

what kind of sandwich? I am so afraid of choking!
I feel like he could bit off pieces of rice cake and choke on them. Toast sounds good and soft.

I was always worried about rice cakes too - toast's great though, but bread's quite high in salt so I wouldn't give it to him all the time if he's just having finger foods. The organix carrot sticks etc. are great - they sort of dissolve in the mouth and they're easy to hold so you don't need to worry about choking! x

I give max the gerber puff's as finger foods , he also gets toast , babybel cheese and cheerios (hienz for babies)

We give him toast dipped in a bit of egg which he loves

what kind of sandwich? I am so afraid of choking!

Cheese spread and reduced sugar jam is what we've tried so far. I was worried about choking too but they are generally able to clear their throat themselves quickly.

Hannah loves feeding herself. We give her toast with butter or applesauce, fresh bananas, fresh mangoes, boiled carrot (though she didn't care for that), and cheese sticks. Will be trying fresh avocado soon

Alasdair basically has everything. Babies have amazingly good gag reflexes and so will gag before they get anywhere near choking. I attempt to spoon feed Alasdair at each meal but generally I just have to leave him to get on with it as he's so independent and stubborn already! The only real problem I have is that Alasdair takes so long to eat (he likes to put food in his mouth, take it out, look at it, put it back in, take it out, look at it (x10) and then finally eat it) and so he gets fed up of sitting in his high chair. So I move him out of it, and put his food away. But then an hr or 2 later he is hungry again!

Alasdair basically has everything. Babies have amazingly good gag reflexes and so will gag before they get anywhere near choking. !

you are so calm and reassuring bethanylee! I need to take a leaf out of your book. I also worry.

Cupcake - we give our LO cooked broccoli and carrot sticks. I also tried gently roasted parsnip and potato. The broccoli is great as you can cook it to be as soft as you like.
With each meal I spoon feed my LO I also give him vege finger foods. It's the only way I can get him interested in veges.

Cupcake it really sounds like he would benefit from Baby Led Weaning, I have never done it myself but really wish i had with Jack as they tend to be less fussy eaters and lots of people swear by it

There is a lot of websites and books out there to help you

Hannah loves feeding herself. We give her toast with butter or applesauce, fresh bananas, fresh mangoes, boiled carrot (though she didn't care for that), and cheese sticks. Will be trying fresh avocado soon

Vickie i was told not to give dairy products til 9 months so i guess that rules out the butter and cheese ,but i can try toast and applesauce.
He likes banana how do you cut it for her?

I was always worried about rice cakes too - toast's great though, but bread's quite high in salt so I wouldn't give it to him all the time if he's just having finger foods. The organix carrot sticks etc. are great - they sort of dissolve in the mouth and they're easy to hold so you don't need to worry about choking! x

i cant buy those carrot sticks here in israel but we have baby biscuits that dissolve in the mouth that sound similar only not a vege!

I give max the gerber puff's as finger foods , he also gets toast , babybel cheese and cheerios (hienz for babies)

There are cherios for babies? I havent seen that here!

Alasdair basically has everything. Babies have amazingly good gag reflexes and so will gag before they get anywhere near choking. !

you are so calm and reassuring bethanylee! I need to take a leaf out of your book. I also worry.

Cupcake - we give our LO cooked broccoli and carrot sticks. I also tried gently roasted parsnip and potato. The broccoli is great as you can cook it to be as soft as you like.
With each meal I spoon feed my LO I also give him vege finger foods. It's the only way I can get him interested in veges.

does broccoli make them gassy?

Cupcake it really sounds like he would benefit from Baby Led Weaning, I have never done it myself but really wish i had with Jack as they tend to be less fussy eaters and lots of people swear by it

There is a lot of websites and books out there to help you

thnx gonna look into it!

I wish I had your problem. My boy is not interested in finger foods, just wants to be fed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->