help

marley2580

Reaction score
help, started blw 2 days ago and yesterday gave Blythe some toast in the morning, which she loved, and some noodles to play with at tea time. I think there may have been a small amount of cheese in with the noodles (2 or 3 bits of grated max) but I don't know if she ate it. Now last night she was fine, she had a dirty nappy an hour after tea and all was well. But at about 12:30am she suddenly started wailing, she settled after 5/10 mins and I put it down to a bad dream. An hour later she woke up wailing again and she really sounded like she was in pain, she took at least half an hour to settle. She woke up another couple of times, but settled quite quickly.

Now I've looked up lactose intolerance and that says symptoms appear within an hour or so, and both that and gluten reactions are accompanied by diarrhoea and vomiting, neither of which she has.

What do you think? Was it caused by the food or does it just sound like one of those funny turns babies sometimes have? I've not given her any toast today and we're having veg for tea, but I guess I'll have to give bread again at some point to see if we get the same reaction?:dohh:

At that age she probably hasn't swallowed much food, if any. But I would maybe leave offering food for a couple of weeks, and see how she is.

Amber was doing that and it turned out to be her milk (she is FF). We changed her milk and she was fine.

But babies do get trapped wind, only way to find out is to offer toast and on a completely different day offer the noodles and cheese.

The noodles will likely have gluten in too so I'd offer them seperately to the cheese or you wouldn't be any clearer.

Thanks girls, she's been a wee bit out of sorts for most of today so I'm wondering if there was something else going on. I think I'll reintroduce the bread etc on friday and see how we get on.

eta: will leave the cheese until next week I think

It could have just been hunger! Jaden is being weaned onto stage 2 but its not going well and he isnt eating much, he often just starts wailing and my HV said that like adults when they are hungry they do get cramps.

Sam x

It wasn't hunger as she repeatedly refused to nurse. She didn't nurse until about 4am, when she was on for the usual amount of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->