Help!

venusrockstar

~Aspiring Photographer~
Reaction score
I just received them in the mail this past Wednesday and today is my first day trying them.

I'm not quite sure I like them. They seem really big and bulky on my daughter and make her look "boxy" down there. Not to mention, it was a tad gross when she poo'd. I have the ones where you just snap the insert in.

I am feeling discouraged because we spent quite a bit of money on them. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions as to how to deal with the mess aspect a little better?

I have the best bottoms one size diapers.
https://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=1899

I'm not a fan of SIOs either because of poop getting on covers but have you tried using a liner (maybe a disposable one if you want to be able to easily flush the mess away)? I'm sure they will look less boxy once your LO is a bit bigger too. There weren't too many OS diapers that looked nice and trim on Emma when she was Bella's age. Good luck :flower:

I think I am just going to return them and go back to using disposables. I don't like the cloth.

Sorry to hear you're so discouraged :hugs: I know it took us a while to find something that we liked at the start too (we ended up using Motherease Sandys with Airflow wraps for the first few months).

Im loving Bumgenius and Bambootys. I have used Little Lambs ones but found that they took far too long to dry.

Were these the only ones you have tried?

I loved Bumgenius when my baby was very small. All nappies fit differently so you may want to try a few more types before giving up.

sorry that you feel so let down by the type you tried hun
cloth is great when you get used to it but at first can be a bit tough to get to grips with.
i would encourage you to try for a bit longer before giving up

I agree with the others. It's one of these things where, although it seems like a good idea (and most of us have done it :blush:), buying lots of one kind of nappy isn't always the best plan. Every baby is a different shape, and though manufacturers would love us to believe that their nappies will fit every baby, it's not always the case!

Maybe try some of the diaper forums over there (I think there's one called Diaper swappers?) and see if you can pick up some pre-loved? Try a few different kinds, and then see if you find one that works better for you and your little one :)

I do almost all the natural parenting things except use cloth diapers. Totally not for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->