Helpful pregnancy books for Dad?

Maple_Fairy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got my official :bfp: yesterday!! Still can’t quite believe it and very nervous (but excited!!) at the moment!!

I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for pregnancy/birth books for Dads? My OH is wanting some reading materials but I want to get him something that will keep him interested so he doesn’t get bored after 5 mins of picking the book up!

If anyone has any recommendations for me as well that would be fab!!

Thank you! Xx

This not helpful at all but I got my DH a book for my DS. It was supposed to be funny but freaked him out because had lots of what could go wrong and strange advice. It advised keeping track of what I was eating etc I was like you try telling a pregnant lady what to eat at your peril. Fast forward to labour and he mentioned the book to midwife. The two of us spent rest of labour slagging him off the midwife saying what did the book say about this. Tears of laughter ran down my face. Best $15 I ever spent

No recommendations as it would be like pulling teeth to ever get my DH to willingly read a book, but I wanted to congratulate you and wish you a healthy pregnancy

Mine has constantly been doing his own research online. Google is the way forward here. A book would be lovely though

If there isn't one out there, someone needs to write one! Any writers around here?

Sorry no recommendations for a pregnancy/birthing book. I'm currently trying to get my DH to read 'The gentle parent.' He struggles reading anything 🙄

Haha! Thanks anyway guys! :)

My OH is the same when it comes to books to be honest.. I don't think he's ever really read a book in his life :haha: so I was quite surprised when he said he wanted something to read! I think I need a picture book! :haha:

If I could recommend some parenting books in general I would definitely recommend:
'Unconditional Parenting' by Alfie Kohn
'The Gentle Parent' by LR Knost
'The Conscious Parent' by Shefali Tsabary
'Hold onto your Kids: Why parents need to matter more than Peers' by Gordon Neufeld and Gabor Maté

Because if I could go back and read these while pregnant and get my husband on board too life would be so much easier. Bringing up a baby is tiring but nothing compares to making sure we are fully there for them emotionally as they get older.

❤❤❤

My OH is the same when it comes to books to be honest.. I don't think he's ever really read a book in his life :haha: so I was quite surprised when he said he wanted something to read! I think I need a picture book! :haha:

Maybe not a picture book about delivery 🤣

Maybe not a picture book about delivery 🤣
Hahaha! Yeh that probably wouldn’t be a good idea!! 😂 might put him off a bit!!

Love.peace - thank you for them recommendations. I will look them up. Just spent about £20 on some books for me and OH on eBay! Eeeep!

"So you're going to be a dad" might be up his alley. It was written by a dad and is pretty light hearted and humourous

"So you're going to be a dad" might be up his alley. It was written by a dad and is pretty light hearted and humourous

Oh I think I have seen that one. Might have to invest in it. He’s actually been reading “what to expect when you’re expecting” ... got this one from the library!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->