her smoking around him has finally made him sick

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
OH's mom, who we did live wth, has finally made Colton sick by smoking around him.

We have asked her numerous times to please smoke outside, and she refuses.

We took him to the emergency room Thursday morning with a 102.5 fever!
They took x-rays and said he is getting bronchitis. :cry:
my poor baby.

He keeps having really bad coughing fits, especially in teh morning. They gave us some antibiotics and I have to make a follow-up appointment with my pediatrician for 1-2 weeks.

Jamie called his mom, asked her if she would quit smoking in the house NOW? Do you know what she said...?

no.

So we moved out. finally.

Good for you! that is total out of order!

Hope the Lo feels better soon :hugs: x

:hug: Hope the move isn't to hard on you and especially hoping that Colton starts to feel better soon.

What an idiot! People like that make me so mad...it's one thing to choose to pollute your own lungs, but to have little or no regard for an infant or small child is just beyond me. She's obviously an uncaring, crass individual who only cares for her own happiness...to hell with anyone else, huh? :growlmad:

Glad you're out of there now!

gosh, what a horrible woman!!!

poor Colton, hope he gets better soon!

:hug:

Oh bloody hell :shock:

Hope yoru somewhere nice and cosy. *hugs* to little man!

Oh God!
A bit out of order that like isnt it?!
Hope yous find somewhere nice quickly
And hope little Colton feels better real soon :)
:hugs: xx

Thanks everyone.
We are staying at my moms right now.
They dont smoke around the baby, and haven't since he was born.
We should be getting our place done (we still have the siding/windows to replace and then put up drywall) very soon. My OH has ordered the siding already and is getting the windows this weekend. I cannot wait.

Glad you are away from her now & hope your LO gets better real soon :hugs:

OH YEAH! I forgot to mention. When Jamie told her we were moving out she started talking about me behind my back (she never talks about anyone to their face.. and she talks about EVERYONE).

She was saying that I'm so 'self centered' and 'Jamie's who world surrounds me' and talking about how I think Jamie's whole family 'isnt good enough' and is 'always wrong'..
I didn't say anything to her because I wasn't going to let her get to me. But how am I being self centered? We are moving out because she is physically injuring OUR child. Also, I dont have a problem with the rest of Jamie's family. His grandparents dont smoke around him, none of his brothers/sisters/father smoke around him. Nobody in his family does.. EXCEPT her.. of course! His sister, who has a 6-7 year old and a 3 year old even told me that she moved away (she did live with them for awhile/close to them) from them because they wouldn't quit smoking around her children and doing/giving them things that she didn't want them to have.. etc!!

I cant believe she thought it was acceptable to smoke around a new baby.... Yuck!!!!
Shes killing herself fair enough.... but passive smoking is just as big of a killer!!!
Glad your away from there.... and get well soon to your little one xxx

glad your out of there hun hope he gets better soon

How selfish! That is totally out of order! I would be sooo angry! Poor Colton, i hope he gets better soon hun. Hugs. xx

Im sorry to hear he is sick :( You both made the right choice leaving, second hand smoke is BAD for all of you. Everytime I read this post I think of this comerical they have here, says 36,000 people die in car accidents a year, and 38,000 die of second hand smoke . It's really heart breaking that your mother-in law's addiction prevents her from making the right choice, I guess to some people the addiction is just to much. I hope he gets well soon!!!

I dont blame you for going, i would have gone mad!

Just to add...

when people smoke, it stays on there clothes and skin for a good while after they have put teh ciggy out and thats harmful to babies too, my friend smokes and she thinks its fine to hold my baby after shes had a ciggy, big no no, i told her she has to wait an hour before she goes near him lol

x

I dont blame you for going, i would have gone mad!

Just to add...

when people smoke, it stays on there clothes and skin for a good while after they have put teh ciggy out and thats harmful to babies too, my friend smokes and she thinks its fine to hold my baby after shes had a ciggy, big no no, i told her she has to wait an hour before she goes near him lol

x

i so agree with this!! Washing your hands isnt good enough....!!! Im going to be the same!!

Aw hope your little boy is ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->